I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You back? Admit it ... you love us Z.

No ... no SIC for me. Even if my company car is just a single ... it's all PIC! :D

Minh

TimeBuilder ... what did you do today? We want all the details!

Getting a chance

I'm delighted for Timebuilder. He has achieved at least one of his career goals . . . . which isn't necessarily flying the Lear, but getting the chance to fly the Lear. People work hard for years, usually at great personal sacrifice, just for a chance. Not everyone gets that chance (unless you do you-know-what - then everyone who can do it gets a chance). Believe me, if I would have gotten a similar chance, I would be rushing to work hours early, feeling bad that I have to leave work, and jumping for joy all the rest of my days.

Please let this thread die, Im sick of getting the emails saying someone else posted a new link to this thread. Boy, do I regret asking that question...:eek:

capt_zman said:
Glad your excited about your new airplane, but every reference to "In the lear...." is getting too painful to read. Sounds like you've been flying the thing for years, when in actuality, you have less time than a newly minted private pilot in a 152.

I truly am excited for you and wish you well in your career, but please spare me the news reel about Andretti's house. Who knows, you may be flying for a celebrity one day, are you going to give us the details about servicing the blue water? I'm sure some low-time wannabe's would be interested.

1) If it seems like I've been flying it for years, I'll take that as a compliment to my efforts to learn a new kind of flying. What was the transition like for you? Why don't you share some of your own flying experiences, like the first time you actually flew the big jet? I like to hear about the success of others, and I like to share my succceses, also. I can't fathom why this would be in any way painful to you. Honest, if you say "In the Boeing..." I won't mind. I doubt if anyone else will mind, either.

2) Sorry, Floyd. You can easily "unsubscribe" to the thread, and you won't get any emails. Go to the user control panel. Simple.

3) Are you referring to the celebrities I already know from the radio business? I'm not sure where you were going with that. If a celeb has the brass to use that commode located just behind me, more power to him. No one I've talked to here can remember the last time somone actually used the thing...

4) I mentioned Mario's house as a response to the previous post regarding the buzzing of the house, and the one mentioning the pastor's comments. I thought it fit right in, since the house had only been pointed out to me that day. I thought it was funny that a guy with that level of income would choose to live so close to an active approach corridor. Then again, he may already be deafened from race car noise.

5) I sense that flying is no longer a joy for you. I am genuinely sorry if that is the case. I hope I am very wrong.

Must be a full moon......

Timebuilder, keep the updates coming. I come to this board for aviation related material and enjoy seeing your progress. I live vicariously through some of the stories on this board as I fly my desk.

I don't come here for the personal bashing and non-posisitve threads that seem to always pop up.....

Keep it safe.

p.s. There is nothing wrong with dreaming to be PIC. Personal goals are a healthy way to succeed and to ensure you are going where you need or want to go. If this was wrong, then none of us would be pilots now, would we?

Last edited:
Glad your excited about your new airplane, but every reference to "In the lear...." is getting too painful to read. Sounds like you've been flying the thing for years, when in actuality, you have less time than a newly minted private pilot in a 152.

Cap "Z" You too are only a child in the aviation world if in timebuilders case he is a newly minted private pilot then you're just barely a "commercial pilot" back off and let him enjoy his glory he deserves it. If you don't like this thread don't READ it!

A simple question answered by a a two letter, one syllable word. That was all that was said about this thread, "Is this still interesting?", "No". The author of the thread is more than capable of responding, but instead, we get 3 others who feel that they must interject to make a point and aid to the defense of someone who doesn't need it.

Did you honestly think that your response would enlighten me on the fact that I don't have to read the thread? Pathetic.

As for dc9stick(aka God of Aviation), you can kiss my a$$. I was actually waiting for an egotist to pop up and belittle my experience level. 13000 hours and counting, boy you must know it all. Maybe someday, you'll sit down and figure out you aren't as cool as you think you are. My guess would be age 60.

As for Timebuilder, I truly am happy for you. It's a great experience to go through. Once the novelty wears off, you'll probably be a bit more humble about it.

Very well said Zman. I too don't have to read this thread, yet I'm hopelessly drawn to it. There is a fine line between being excited and being arrogant. I am by no means a veteran pilot, but I think anyone can spot whats happening here:

We have someone who thinks that they are the best thing since sliced bread, since they got a job flying a lear. Then along with that, we have a bunch of guys who want to sound like Chuck Yeager "I remember my first lear..."

I'm done, you guys get the picture.

Timebuilder ...

I'm sure you're ignoring the rude and arrogant comments from some. They only want to argue or they wouldn't read the thread - pretty silly isn't it?

We know you to be a humble gentleman and in no way are you trying to come off TOP GUN because you're in a Lear nor are the posters recounting/reliving valuable and interesting experiences trying to be Chuck Yeager. The dissenters are just irascible and argumentative people who have nothing better to do than bait and belittle others.

As you can see from the majority of posts, we are indeed very happy for you and interested in your training and progression.

Keep the info coming and ignore the rude comments!

Minh

Nothing really rude, arrogant or irascible about the previous commentary. For those who can't quite grasp the motto of the story, Timebuilder graduated to the level of a professional pilot and he should act accordingly, not like he's just seen a chocolate river in the Wonka factory.

And just a little advice about those aspiring pilots living vicariously through Timebuilder, they may seem happy for you, but they're not, they'd slash your throat in a second if they could get into that right seat. I know, I see it everyday.

Latest resources

Back