• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ILS Critical Area Hold Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think (not 100% sure) the ILS hold line for 8L is the one on taxiway Alpha. The one on Bravo is in the very rare event they are using 8R. One thing that is a little unusual, is there are two ILS Hold lines on Bravo. Never seen that before and have no idea why there would be two. Any ideas?

yeah, you are correct about the b1 and b2 ils hold lines pertaining to 8r and since rarely do they land 8r there is no sense in holding people short of a non critical ils area

the two areas are hold short because the sensitive area is between b1 and b2, once you cross b2 you are in the sensitive area and once past b1 you are out of it

Mesaba is going through the OUSD process for CAT II on the 200 & 900. It will be 5,000 and 5 and we will be doing practice approaches. You will see the critical area being active during VFR conditions.

Mesaba is going through the OUSD process for CAT II on the 200 & 900. It will be 5,000 and 5 and we will be doing practice approaches. You will see the critical area being active during VFR conditions.

do you have to turn off your i pod during the cat 2?

noo one cares about you guys at mesaba

OK, maybe I don't understand your post. You're going to practicing cat II approaches and the wx has to be 5000 and 5?? WTF, are you going to be wearing a hood or something? Doesn't Mesaba have simulators? Like I said, maybe I just don't get what you are trying to say.

Andy and Veneratio,

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

Take a look at ATL's diagram.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/ATL_-_FAA_airport_diagram.png

You land on 8L like we were today doing CAT 2 approaches. you are told to join Bravo westbound to Victor. Along the way there is an ILS Hold Short sign. Do you keep going???? There's one at B1 and one at B2.

According to Veneratio's article, it looks like as a landing aircraft, you are not required to hold???

It only pertains to the appropriate runway in use. We protect for Localizer and GS. If that ILS hold line was for 26R then it doesn't need to be protected.

It only pertains to the appropriate runway in use. We protect for Localizer and GS. If that ILS hold line was for 26R then it doesn't need to be protected.

How can you tell which one it is for?

this may be a dumb question, but I am cut from the cloth of "10 lbs. of ******************** in a 5 lb. bag."

Latest resources

Back