• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'll Call the F9 Bluff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why hasn't Gary Kelly already called off the deal, now? Do it NOW Gary, do it NOW. Come on! What, why not? Ohhhhhh. You actually wanted F9 and thought FAPA would just lay down to be Corndogs? Riiiight. How about showing some respect? Give them some credit for something.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good call General.

Why hasn't Gary Kelly already called off the deal, now? Do it NOW Gary, do it NOW. Come on! What, why not? Ohhhhhh. You actually wanted F9 and thought FAPA would just lay down to be Corndogs? Riiiight. How about showing some respect? Give them some credit for something.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oops... uh... nevermind.

From what I have witnessed, commuting in and out of DIA the last 3 years SWA is the only carrier operating flights that are considerably empty. This includes UAL, which with respect to their pilots, treats their customers like dogsh!t. G. Kelly says he is comfortable with how SWA is doing in the Denver market, but I think this is just a front for one of their only mistakes in recent years, add this to their decision to operate in the New York Market and compete with RJ's, you will see SWA shrink considerably in the next two years. It is going to be pretty difficult to pay those high wages as the pilot group matures into higher pay rates without fuel hedge advantages to take advantage of. I may be wrong, but the poolies may be swimming for years to come without F9 and their routes into Mexico, DCA, and Canada. I commend the F9 union for telling them to go sh!t in their hat... that is if they wore them that is :) JP

Good luck with Republic!

Good luck with Republic!

Sarcasm felt...and Thank you...sarcasm shot back.

Nice to know i will have a job next week now, that i am proud of. Our union did not lay down and take it up the arse like yours wanted them to. I actually have a lot of respect for them right now.

Let us know how all that respect puts food on the table, and puts your kids through school...

Sarcasm felt...and Thank you...sarcasm shot back.

Nice to know i will have a job next week now, that i am proud of. Our union did not lay down and take it up the arse like yours wanted them to. I actually have a lot of respect for them right now.

It's just business folks.

This is just business. Stay classy. The world wouldn't stop rotating with either direction the judge ruled. Regardless of what reaction the F9 guys have chosen to take from this decision, I wish you guys well. I certainly hope we can all have a drink one day on an overnight and realize each company and union did what was best for ourselves. I know there's a lot of third-party pot-stirring going on, but let's all chill out and take notice, the world's still rotating. If anyone at SWA treats you F9 guys less than you feel you deserve, please remember it doesn't represent us all and we shouldn't condone it. I hope we can sense the same sentiment from F9.

Oh, also, if you're commuting on SWA and decide to observe our load factors and build a case for our demise. At least have the common courtesy to at least say, ",but thanks for the ride and letting me spread out for a change." Have the maturity to chill out with the typical chest-thumping airline BS and be appreciative of your ability to commute regardless of what airline you're doing it on. To do otherwise, makes you look like a tool.

F9 guys ...sorry it didn't work out.

I heard your guys got 75% of what they asked for in the SLI and instead of negotiating asked for more.

Also heard they never came off of their position that their #1 (hired in 94) should go after the SWA (#1 hired in 74).

So basically your team thought you deserved your seniority at our pay rates. I hope you ask them about it, and that they really thought about what RAH was going to be like.

Latest resources

Back