Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well...who's really bluffing here?

Gary/SWAPA or FAPA?

In pushing for anything other than what is being offered, FAPA is betting that Gary and friends are bluffing that they won't go ahead with the acquisition unless they have prior agreement on SLI.

Personally, I believe Gary and Co. are NOT bluffing. They will walk away rather than have the B.S. labor unrest that will come about if they acquire, and then have to deal with, an A/M & B/M arbitrated SLI.

Here's the deal, short and sweet the way I see it ( Who gives a Rat's ? )

If Frontier was tooling along, having exited Bankruptcy, with money in the bank and a profitable few quarters (years) behind it...WITHOUT QUESTION IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY THE RIGHT MOVE TO BE PLAYING HARDBALL WITH THIS.

In the current environment at Frontier ( BK with no exit finanncing ), airline industry shrinkage /reductions/furloughs, global recession, nation wide unemployment, shrinking economies, and not a pilot job on the friggin' horizon as far as the eye can see...IT IS ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNESS TO NOT JUST EMBRACE THE SWA OFFER AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS.

Calling a bluff is a fool's game at this juncture. Take the hand you've been dealt and run with it.

Just my silly opinion.

Correct me where my logic fails me if you would.

Thank you for shopping at Wal....Oh sorry, I'm off duty now.

YKME

Last edited:
Why hasn't Gary Kelly already called off the deal, now? Do it NOW Gary, do it NOW. Come on! What, why not? Ohhhhhh. You actually wanted F9 and thought FAPA would just lay down to be Corndogs? Riiiight. How about showing some respect? Give them some credit for something.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"Why hasn't Gary Kelly already called off the deal, now? Do it NOW Gary, do it NOW. Come on! What, why not?"

Why "Now" ?

They'll head back to the table and either come to an agreement or not. If they have an agreement, all is well for SWA and they will move forward. If not, it's on to Plan B. No Big deal for SWA.

Kelly doesn't give two sh!tes what that deal is ( within limits ) ...just that they have a deal and thereby ( pay attention Kids ) can AVOID an SLI via A/M & B/M and the associated strife inherent in that.

Example: You want that new boat. How bad do you want that new boat? Maybe if the owner drops his price a grand or two and replaces the stern drive you have a deal. No new stern drive? Whatever...You'll find another boat.

Gary want's that boat. Not without the stern drive....Sooo, they negotiate a bit and everyone's happy. La-De-Frickin'-Da.

No sense in rushing the process here...Hence, the extension etc.

Disclaimer: I am always wrong about everything.

YKIDGASR

Why hasn't Gary Kelly already called off the deal, now? Do it NOW Gary, do it NOW. Come on! What, why not? Ohhhhhh. You actually wanted F9 and thought FAPA would just lay down to be Corndogs? Riiiight. How about showing some respect? Give them some credit for something.

Bye Bye--General Lee

When Delta "acquired" Comair, how much respect/seniority did those guys get?

Latest resources

Back