• Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not exactly to your point..... but I have been cleared direct to an intersection after filing /U. I reminded them of the type of equipment filed and asked for a vector. I guess they're human too.

Seattle

Hi...

Turbo,

I'm wondering if this waypoint is actually a VFR waypoint that's depicted on a Terminal Chart rather than on any Low/High Alt Enroute Charts or Approach Plates, SID's, etc. It is possible the controller made an error, who knows. Curious to see what you find out.

Regards

I'm just guessing its just a terminology confusion. Since you were a /G he probably just meant the BVT VOR (Boiler) but used the term waypoint. With a GPS, BVT is a waypoint as well as an actual VOR.

I don't think it's the VOR. TDTurbo specifically stated it was supposed to be located on the Boiler 250 Radial at 18 DME...shouldn't be any confusion there.

I looked over the charts and couldn't spot anything, then got into two different databases to try calling up a similiar waypoint. All I got was BOILR, which is in the Northwest...not near the location in this thread. I tried different spellings with the same phonetic sound, but that's all that was in there. The databases were in approach approved systems, and should contain the same info, albeit different unit manufacturers.

When in doubt, remember, you always have the option of saying, "Whaaat? Ah don seeit ahn mah mahp. Whar is it? Y'all say that again, will ya? Ahn talk a little slower, cuz that's how ah listen, okay? Maybe y'all kin point me in that thar raht direktn, if'n y'all be so kind."

At this point, I usually get vectors out of their airspace without delay, in the most direct routing humanly possible. Works like a charm. ;)

I was eagerly anticipating your reply avbug.:D I'm still laughing!

I really didn't have much time after getting my clearance to the next hand-off, maybe a few minutes. I wish now that I pressed the issue with the controller but she sounded busy.

Like I said before, I did inquire with the next approach facility and that's the information I got. I still have no idea what a waypoints doing in full route clearance as a fix?:confused:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one miffed on this, it doesn't make me feel as dumb as I think I am......ain't it?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back