• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ifl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like a good place for someone with low time to gain some experience.

You would have to be on crack to come to IFL! Hired two months ago, told I would have to work one weekend a month, riiiiight. They lost one other captain and now we have to beg to get one weekend off a month, and that's not even guaranteed. Go to a regional if you are a low timer. This company has no reservations about lying to you and screwing you at every turn. Hell if you want to fly on-demand Kalitta is prob hiring, I'm seriously considering going back there. At least they honored days off for the most part. I wish I had done more research before making the switch.

I guess no one listens to what was previousley posted, its not for everyone thats for sure, just look at the turnover there lately, if they had a clue theyd be doing hard schedules like the smart (know how to hold on to their employees) on demand operators around that area.

Raise the bar

No intent to flame or cause a ruckess, but it is about rasing the bar, match us or have trouble finding piltos. The front-page story of the May 16, issue of the Wall Street Journal was “As Pay Falls, Airlines Struggle to Fill Jobs”.

As most other airlines are struggling to fill pilot slots, USA Jet has filled all its pilot classes with quality “New Hires”. Why is USA Jet succeeding when our competitors fail to fill their classes? USA Jet is a great place to start or continue your aviation career, the following are some of the differences that allow us to be successful.

• Starting pay: USA Jet DA-20 First Officers are paid $34,000/yr from the first day of ground school. This provides a living wage for individuals starting or continuing their career.
  • Benefits: USA Jet offers a full slate of employee benefits, inclusive of medical, prescription drugs, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401K with company matching contributions (100% of first 3% of employee deferrals, plus 50% on the 4 and 5% deferral of income put into the plan, flex spending accounts, vacation/sick/personal time, automotive supplier discounts, credit union membership and tuition reimbursement.
  • Training: USA Jet trains all pilots to Part 121 airline standards, thereby providing a solid background as a professional pilot. Our training is accomplished by documented written procedures; our pilots are trained to function as a member of a two-man crew, and on completion of training are fully prepared to enter line operations. All crewmembers are trained in full motion simulators to company standards. With this background, they are ready to move to the next level whether it be at USA Jet or another career position.
  • Work rules: USA Jet pilot work rules are in writing, we honor and respect days off, a pilot knows in advance what they can expect from the company.
  • Advancement opportunities: A seniority list is maintained thereby allowing pilots when qualified, to plan on moving into the DC-9 First Officer or DA-20 Captain seat. Their seniority assures them they will have the opportunity to bid for an open position.
  • Professional airline environment: 121-style dispatch for all flights, this includes computerized flight plans, and weather. All aircraft are maintained to 121 maintenance standards.
  • The credentials to move on: After working for USA Jet for 4-5 years a pilot has the experience to build an impressive resume that allows them if they so desire, to move forward in their career. USA Jet pilots have gone to FedEx, UPS, Delta Airlines, Net Jets, and a host of other career positions.
Our recruiters are successful in selling the advantages of starting or continuing a career at USA Jet. This gives an almost unlimited collection of potential pilots to screen for openings at USA Jet. It is a pilot’s job market and experienced crewmembers to fill our DC-9 seat would be difficult to find. However the DA-20 First Officer gives us a ready pool of qualified pilots to move into our DC-9. Our recruiting advantages also result in low turnover. The turnover at USA Jet is among the lowest in our sector of the industry; again this keeps qualified pilots in our cockpits. In a time when competitors are missing trips due to a shortage of crews, USA Jet keeps their airplanes moving with highly qualified pilots. Perhaps our competitors could take lessons from our successes.

Last edited:
I really do not think that is flame at all, it is what I tried to say in my last post with out elaborating!

It depends. when it's busy then they are out all the time, but on the down times you need to have a good book. it's a good company and the people are really cool. but not everyone can handle the lifestyle

one co-pilot i met on the road told me it stood for In For Life. as in, no upgrade in sight. i found that pretty funny.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back