Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tug Driver

I can't keep a girlfriend
anybody know the current pay, days off, upgrade time at IFL? Do they have any JS privledges? call out time?

Thanks

If you are asking those questions and trying to go into on demand freight then I wouldn't even bother, there is a big thread about ifl on airlinepilotforums.com under the hiring section.

You may get one weekend off a month, 20 minute call out 24/7, upgrades are pretty much nonexitent until you have 1000 in type for the convairs, to get that time it typically takes 3-4 years at the rate they are flying, falcon upgrades are longer because of insurace minimums, no js agreements, I'm not sure of any on-demand places with js agreements except for usa jet and some of the big 747 operators. They are very particular on internal recs, not big about hiring people off the street.

You may get one weekend off a month, 20 minute call out 24/7, upgrades are pretty much nonexitent until you have 1000 in type for the convairs, to get that time it typically takes 3-4 years at the rate they are flying, falcon upgrades are longer because of insurace minimums, no js agreements, I'm not sure of any on-demand places with js agreements except for usa jet and some of the big 747 operators. They are very particular on internal recs, not big about hiring people off the street.

One of my buds just got hired off the street for the falcon. They are hiring off the street currently.

I was flying the caravan for them than moved over to the right seat of the Falcon 20 when they sold the vans. Flew the Falcon for 10 months, they were looking for high time captains off the street for the Falcon, I don't think they've ever upgraded a Falcon copilot yet. They were moving the high time Convair captains to the left seat of the Falcon when I left.

Last edited:
hahaha, i know what you mean jessman, raises who said anything about raises too? That question about how much the convairs are flying could be answered by you. It is true, they just hired a few falcon fo's and convair fo's, off the street, but somewhere down the line they knew somebody somehow, like you said in the other forum your friend that got hired is roommates with one of their 72 drivers. I'm not trying to steer people one way or the other, I got on with low time also, its cool to fly there at first then when its 10 degrees out and your pushing a pallet to the back of a plane, freezing your butt off you start to realize there is no difference sitting right seat in a plane at a regional, a major, or a freight hauler, just alot of bs and paperwork differences, a 20 minute call out, and maybe 2 days off in a row if its slow.

Latest resources

Back