• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IFL Group - Convair 580?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't GODDAM get why ANYGODDAMONE would go to ANY GODDAM ondemand freight outfit when Skywest upgrades are at one year.

The true beauty of your arrogance is that your approval isn't necessary, to anybody. Nobody hiring into the job cares what you think or understand. Nobody hiring for the job cares what you think or understand. Nobody doing the job cares what you think of understand about it. Beautiful. And a darn good thing nobody needs your blessing, too.

Why choose freight or any other job over skywest? Perhaps some don't like to be underpaid, overworked cookiecutters. Perhaps some don't want to move. Perhaps some like the job they're doing now. Perhaps some actually thrive and enjoy live without your understanding or approval. Hard to swallow, but it's true.

On-demand has bene's

Actually there are reasons some pilots stay in the on-demand business. I know of a pilot who has turned down an interview at a LCC, so he can stay in at USA Jet. He likes being home, the average on-demand pilot at our place is gone from home approximately 5 nights per month. Unless he wants to sell days off and pick up extra money. Pilots who sell lots of day are gone about 7 days a month. One of DA-20 Capts will get close to a $15,000K check for the month of March. No junior manning, guaranteed home on your days off. Loose your medical for a couple months, stay on the payroll, doing Jepps or teaching ground school. So there are reasons to go to the on-demand business, but you are right, upgrade does take longer, about 2.5 years in the DA-20 and 7 years in the DC-9.

Last edited:
Falcon20driver took the words out of my mouth, you will make more money your first year at an on demand outfit but typically your second year pay at a regional is going to be the same as on demand flying, your third year pass it, especially at IFL, and if the upgrade is running that fast like skywest your pay will be twice if not 3 times as much there than at an on-demand outfit, I'm saying this and I fly on-demand. People just see a jet or a big old turboprop that looks kind of cool and let it go to their head, they don't realize all the extra crap that goes along with it when they're low time. Then when they get older they caught in that on-demand freighter captain trap and can't afford to make a move to a better life.

Latest resources

Back