• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IFL Group - Convair 580?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was a joke. Kinda funny too. Active Aero only has 28 VP's or so.

That was a joke. Kinda funny too. Active Aero only has 28 VP's or so.

WHAT!:eek: No wonder they're having problems.

BTW I doubt IFL is getting into corprate, the just buy corprate A/C then convert them to freighters. All their Falcons where fairly nice corprate birds when the bought them. Still doesn't completely make sence to me when you can buy a freight falcon for less than the door mod cost, but I guess they wanted those 731's real bad.

I know there not, just what someone told me. I know they convert all of them. Makes sense for the long run, BIG picture that is. AA doesn't have 28, its more like 8 or so I think.

See you really need more than one VP, because if one VP fails the other one will keep you flying. That is why the B-52 is such a great airplane, because if you loose one VP, I mean engine, it still flies fine.

YIP are you finally becoming a sarcastic ol' fart too;-)

I'm sorry it leaks out sometimes, especially after visiting the Wedge.

We run 3 freighter falcons and have a corporate falcon that just got on the certificate, allan's new ride. We just got certified for overwater in the falcons. I can tell you the convairs are bareley flying, plan on getting 300 hours a year, the reason they posted on climbto350.com is because the convair fo's are getting smart and going elsewhere because they are not getting any time or upgrade here. If you get interviewed and get offered the falcon take, they fly their buts off. Good people to work with which is half the battle and being busy in the falcons makes it much easier to manage the 20 minute call out. I would almost consider going to a regional first, now that the upgrade is so slow. But if you think you can do the unscheduled freight thing go for, its all personal preference. Any more questions?

NetJets is cool, better pay than a regional, you'll make 50K+ your first year, 6 figures after four years and two 3 week vacations your first year.
Get in the Falcon and get the NJA mins

Forgot to mention the 7 day on 7day off schedule, nice.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back