• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Anyone know anything about this place?

I tried to do a search and everything is +/- 2 years old on them.. :)

Yeh, I guess that makes two of us..

I worked there in the 90's back in the DC-3,CV340 era, good people,great flying, great maintenance,a by the book operator unlike half the dirt bag outfits out there, better than average compensation too, you just won't have a life, on call 24/7 ,but they won't BS you, its a great place to get experience. CV580 is a legend, and now they have 727s too !

From my understanding they don't fly much anymore, 3-400hrs a year, so plan on living off guarantee. They also have 20min call outs for FO's. When I worked there a couple years ago you got $1000 a month while in training, which can take a few months BTW, then $1,500 a month for 6 months after your checked out, then $2,000 a month after that.

I heard they were putting 2 more Falcon 731's online soon. They must be doing something right, or only have 1 VP in the company.

I also heard they destroyed the an engine on at least one if not 2 so far. Those are REALLY nice falcons though.

I heard they have 3 falcons and are looking at 1 more corp. bird. They did trash 2 engines, one in ELP that blew a hole in the cowl, and one in flight when the cargo door popped open and sucked a jacket or engine cover through it? Haven't heard the whole story on that one yet. Anyone know the real story? But I do always hear good things about IFL, nice airplanes!

How can a company run with only one VP?

How can a company run with only one VP?

Is that a joke or a real question?

Back when I worked there Allen Ross was the owner, then the President below him was Mike Church, then it split into departments. Mike Carry was the DO, Bill Kots was the CP. In Mx Mark Bunner was the DOM, Dispatch was Burt, Ground Support fell under Mx but Robbo was the Line Manager. That system seemed to work pretty well, though Mike Church did have a tendency to micro-manage the other departments, especially after coming back in at about 10-12 at night after being at the bar for a couple hours.:rolleyes: It's an Ok place to work, but I've seen a few employees really get burned by them. They are by the book though and do have pretty good Mx, it's a good place to build time.

Latest resources

Back