IFL Falcon Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cheaper

IFL is advertising on climbto350 for Falcon captains. Why do they not upgrade from within?
cheaper to hire a type rated guy.

I don't work there so I'm not entirley sure but from what I understand they have hired low time FOs in the passed (less than 500tt). This would create a situation where they may not have anyone eligible for upgrade.(insurance mins) I'm sure they would rather promote within, but who knows. The Company I work for hires a lot of street captains also. It usually makes for a really happy work atmosphere. lol

I don't work there so I'm not entirley sure but from what I understand they have hired low time FOs in the passed (less than 500tt). This would create a situation where they may not have anyone eligible for upgrade.(insurance mins) I'm sure they would rather promote within, but who knows. The Company I work for hires a lot of street captains also. It usually makes for a really happy work atmosphere. lol

I have a friend over there that explained this too me (the work atmosphere that is) but what I don't understand is why would you be pissed at the Captain, and not at the company? The guy that took the job did nothing wrong, and the company is just looking out for its bottom line. I'm not saying its right, but I'm saying I don't get why people would dislike the captain. I don't know about you, but I want to have a good time with the people I go on trips with.

I have a friend over there that explained this too me (the work atmosphere that is) but what I don't understand is why would you be pissed at the Captain, and not at the company? The guy that took the job did nothing wrong, and the company is just looking out for its bottom line. I'm not saying its right, but I'm saying I don't get why people would dislike the captain. I don't know about you, but I want to have a good time with the people I go on trips with.

We usually get pissed at both, apparently being a d-bag is a requirement for a street Captain at our company.

Past....

Damn that has to suck for the guys that have put some time in though...one thing-do they respect date of hire when you upgrade? Cause those street guys are screwed in the end if they do!

Latest resources

Back