Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you are bored and want to defend general avaition airports....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

Check out the anti-general aviation airport story on USA/AljazeeraToday.com and defend your pilot brethren in the blog beneath the story.

The general redistribution of wealth bloggers think small airports are a tax perk from the poor and middle class to the wealthy.

After all pilots are wealthy! LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-09-17-little-used-airports_N.htm#uslPageReturn

I posted it here since this is where most of FI is hanging out......

Everybody is against subsidies - except the ones that benefit them.

G.A. pays a fuel tax.

Airline passengers pay a 7.5.% federal tax, a segment tax, an international arrival/departure tax, a security tax, a passenger facility charge and the same fuel tax that G.A. pays.

Airline passengers do subsidize light airplane owners.

But this is your subsidy so it better get left alone because this one really matters, not like those other commie liberal subsidies given to those other losers.

Check out the anti-general aviation airport story on USA/AljazeeraToday.com and defend your pilot brethren in the blog beneath the story.

The general redistribution of wealth bloggers think small airports are a tax perk from the poor and middle class to the wealthy.

After all pilots are wealthy! LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-09-17-little-used-airports_N.htm#uslPageReturn

I posted it here since this is where most of FI is hanging out......

I don't own an airplane or go flying after I'm done flying. Frankly I get enough of that at work and I ain't got that kind of disposable income to waste on private/recreational flying. I am bored but there are more pressing matters in my life.

Last edited:
I swear, is J.O. on speed-dial over there at USAtoday? He manages to get a quote in any article related to any facet of aviation in that publication.

Did anyone ask the folks who brought the Super Bowl to Glendale AZ whether their top-tier spenders would have been willing to cram their Gulfstreams into Sky Harbor's limited GA parking (which would have filled up in about an hour)?

When compared to all the resources poured down the drain to support a failing education system and misguided attempts to micromanage every aspect of corporate and personal life, spending a few bucks to keep an economic port open and available seems like a drop in the bucket.

I do agree that unflown airplanes are a huge waste and that incentives should be made to operate the airplanes or open the spaces they take up to folks who will.

Latest resources

Back