• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I wanted to phase out ASA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot is at stake for Brad. If he succeeds, he joins the CEO club and retires a multi-millionaire.

He already is a multi-millionaire. That comes from years of running Flt. Ops on budget and getting a huge bonus.

I think you guys have him pegged right for the most part. Brad is a hard ass, but he'll look out for guys doing their job. He's usually in the office at 5 AM and works late. He's not the warm fuzzy type, but he'll get his objectives accomplished.

Andy:

"I care about the time involved to develop flight schedules using genetic algorithms with PMX breeding vs the time required without PMX breeding"

You kill me; only from the mind of an operations researcher...actually, quite a few dissertations and papers written on the subject that I've scanned, both from a crew and aircraft scheduling perspective. Contrary to others, I'm all for learning as well, simply for learning's sake...nothing wrong with it.

Rob G (In ORD)

After 6 pages you ASA guys just don't get it. If BH fails you guys fail which means the end of ASA. The fact is if you guys at ASA meet him with resistance and things don't improve-GOODBYE! It's so simple "cooperate-graduate". BH wants ASA to be sucessful, thats the bottom line. The message is loud and clear
SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, punk'n! Earning nearly $90 million a year with the highest operating margin is not failing! If it is, then YOU guys are in big trouble!

"Shape up or Ship Out???" Take your Ship and lame, pea brain tactics and stick it! We don't buy into intimidation through fear and we already passed the test on Union Busting Tactics 101. How did you vote?

You are giving your pilot group a bad name. Take your kindergarten tactics somewhere else, NOnads Angry Elf!

JP brings up a great point. And if you talk to any ASA pilot (other than a recent new hire), they'll tell you about all the lies (We're shrinking if we don't take a paycut), the deception (Charlies letter outlying our 3 options), and the incompetence (Brian's last July performance where he claimed he was working on getting ground equip, while ASA's performance was one of the worst ever--and that says something at ASA).

I have a very close friend of mine at SkyWest who I talk to about life at SkyWest. He's said some pretty good things about BH. Some of the things he's said is that after a hard day at sim training they'd go burn off some steam at Lofty's, grab a beer and BH would walk in. He'd introduce himself to the New Hires/Upgrades, then buy everyone a round. That's f'n cool in my book. Conversely, if you see BH in the office and ask for a pay raise or equivalent, "NO, AND IF YOU ASK AGAIN YOU'RE FIRED." Or something to that effect. Now granted, nobody (except maybe SAPA) is going to ask that kind of thing, but I tell it for effect. He's a hard ass, and he's exactly what ASA needs.

I miss the original owners of ASA (John and George), because at least they never lied to the line pilots. Granted, the answer was always an emphatic NO, but they built a money tree Airline. I'm optomistic Mr. Holt can steer the ASA ship in the right direction. ASA needs an iron fist right now. We need a leader. I would say the best way to Lead ASA right now besides old fashioned smarts, is to be honest. That will get the troops behind you quickly.

Trojan

That's because a round of beer for a few guys at Lofty's every once in a while is a lot cheaper than a fair pay increase along with retro pay and annual COLA....sadly many of the crews here can't seem to figure that out!

That's because a round of beer for a few guys at Lofty's every once in a while is a lot cheaper than a fair pay increase along with retro pay and annual COLA....sadly many of the crews here can't seem to figure that out!

BINGO!!!!!

After 6 pages you ASA guys just don't get it. If BH fails you guys fail which means the end of ASA. The fact is if you guys at ASA meet him with resistance and things don't improve-GOODBYE! It's so simple "cooperate-graduate". BH wants ASA to be sucessful, thats the bottom line. The message is loud and clear
SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!
Ahh, what? Nevermind

I tried to hold back but I can not. You start these lame treads every other day and wonder what’s all the fuss over. ASA has a union; it is run in a different way then Sky Worst. I do not care who Sky Worst sends over he/she will have to deal with our union. What part of this do you not understand? Also, if you are trying to catch a ride on my plane, in the next four day’s, well, you are not getting on. Have a nice day

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

I think I heard this same line right after SkyWest purchased ASA. I had a senior SkyWest Captain on my jumpseat saying ASA pilots had better settle or we'd be sold to Mesa. The line never changes. Same old story, same old Bullsh!t. You don't understand. ASA is a money tree. Get it? Brad doesn't get the job done, Brad is done. Brad doesn't pull in a 13.2% profit margin, ASA does. Got it? Good. ASA goes away, so does SkyWest.

Trojan

Well it stands to reason then that it works well. So, either Brad's the smartest guy in the world, or SkyWest pilots don't mind the free beer in lieu of COLA's and payraises. I'd say it's pretty smart. 100 bucks in rounds or 2,000,000 in raises...hmmmm. what to do, what to do.....

Trojan

It's very simple. This pilot group is battle scarred. Treat us with respect and give us the tools to do our jobs, or the money tree dies. I think Brad already knows that.

Latest resources

Back