• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I hear one more "brief"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only time I almost missed a crossing restriction was with the controls transfered the the CA. He wanted the transfer but forgot he had the controls.

Time to brief the visual approach to 27L "level at FL240, autopilot is on, you have the controls"

Yes, it's very classic as the decent gets fowled up to cross Honie at 12 and 250, while setting off the over speed warning, and missing the speed reduction, all to look cool so you don't have to transfer the controls.

I agree with transferring the controls deal while in the descent. But why even wait that long for a brief? I make every effort to brief in the cruise and have it over and done with by 250 miles out. No need to be briefing in high workload stages of flight. Recently Ive started to load and verify approaches on the ground for flights less than 250 miles to make life a little bit easier, especially for flights like AGS, CSG.

I agree with transferring the controls deal while in the descent. But why even wait that long for a brief? I make every effort to brief in the cruise and have it over and done with by 250 miles out. No need to be briefing in high workload stages of flight. Recently Ive started to load and verify approaches on the ground for flights less than 250 miles to make life a little bit easier, especially for flights like AGS, CSG.

...of course in ATL, or some other large airports, you don't know until you are less than 50 miles out in a very busy terminal environment..Then I have to listen to another long brief that simply distracts BOTH pilots from the task at hand.....We need less briefing...not more....

Good idea to brief approaches on the ground for those short flights. Thanks.

Good idea to brief approaches on the ground for those short flights. Thanks.

I think we should just brief them at the beginning of the trip...Let's get them out of the way on day one...

If I hear one more brief, be it any kind, that ends with "Any questions???"

I'm going to go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you not think of any other way to end it???

Is anyone else tired of hearing this?

Kinda like "Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll get over it.

Any questions?

I cant stand the unintelligible motor-mouths where "any questions" is all you can understand. BTWI usually just say dep. brief complete and end it.

I think we should just brief them at the beginning of the trip...Let's get them out of the way on day one...

I like when Captains brief the Instrument Missed procedure when you're shooting the visual into ATL. Because KATL has always been known to send you to fricken Tempo when you go around on the visual.

I like when Captains brief the Instrument Missed procedure when you're shooting the visual into ATL. Because KATL has always been known to send you to fricken Tempo when you go around on the visual.

...you won't hear it from this captain..but I hear it from plenty of FOs....

...of course in ATL, or some other large airports, you don't know until you are less than 50 miles out in a very busy terminal environment..Then I have to listen to another long brief that simply distracts BOTH pilots from the task at hand.....We need less briefing...not more....

Good point. All that briefing and then the runway change. Especially on visuals. That why I was laughing at Trcb777 poking fun at the control swap at cruise for visual into 27L briefing. That would get annoying, especially on a 7 leg day. Nobody at ASA is unfamiliar with visuals in ATL. If any brief at all is needed it should last less than 10 secs.

Latest resources

Back