• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I didn't have the bug before...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the industry sucks, mgt is trying to destroy the unions. the pay is never enough for the responsiblity or the time away from family and friends, and it never could be. Fly because you like to. Because you choose to.

PilotOnTheRise said:
I think you have to have SJS to aspire to fly. I've wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid. If it weren't for SJS, hanging around this board would turn me away quick.

But, with that said; everybody has complaints about their job. The grass is always greener, and things could be better. Ultimately things could always be better, but that could go on, and on, and on. Once things do get better, they could always be even more better, and so on.

Aviation is just one of those industries that can be up one day and down the next. But, I can't imagine anything I'd rather do than fly airplanes. As the UPS pilot told me; "you can make a good living as a pilot, just don't always count on the company you work for to pay you". F/O pay is bad at a regional, but ultimately you can make a very good living as a professional pilot. One day we will all hopefully be captains on a UPS A300, or wherever we wish to go in this career, and we will all look back at our journey and be thankful we had it.

And I agree with what another poster said. If you don't like it, get out. Its better to open your seat up to someone who really wants it, than to complain about it, and hate it, meanwhile someone is standing in your shadow, who would love nothing more than to be in that seat.

"F/O pat is bad at a regional, but ultimately you can make a very good living as a professional pilot." Are you saying flying at a "Regional" is not a real pilot job? That you aren't professional? Do you realize there are more "Regional" jobs than "Major" jobs? So guess what? That means that not everyone will get that UPS job you seem so destined to get. By the way, ask the Senior Skywest guys in Salt Lake if it's not a professional job. There's more to flying than being at a "Major". Quality of life is the most important to many people.

Latest resources

Back