Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If everyone else can do it, why can't ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>>>call EXACT TIMES!!<<<<<<<<<<

What is the correct way to call out? Thought we had a letter or something stating when the door closes......I wanna know! Thanks!

:D Freebird: When the boarding door closes, that is when the clock starts! That is unless they have changed it for the umpteenth time and I have'nt read it! Someone slap those folks over there in the Granite Palace!!

Calling Times

The contract specifically defines when to call the times in and out. It states that you are out when the aircraft is moving under its own power or being pushed by a tug....NOT WHEN THE DOOR CLOSES!!!! The company put out a memo a couple years back trying to change this because they knew it would increase operational performance. But this is in our contract and the company is trying to change our contract without giving us anything in return. However, it may be argued that we make more money by using the company's method so it's really up to you to decide. Make the company happy and make a few more minutes of block or stick it to the company and defend the current contract?

:cool: Thanks WWEFan, I did not know that was in our contract!:eek: I better do some more reading! Fly Safe!!

We're famous for having standby days thrown in on overlapping trips. Rather than just pick up the trip that was dropped due to integration, you get to sit on your a$$ and collect 4 hours of pay.

My July line had the 1st off, then a 3 day on the second. My June line had a trip ending on Jul. 2. End result was finishing the June trip costing one day off from a 13 day off line, and 2 standby days after that.

Aug looks to be more of the same BS. I've also seen friends line have the first 5 days of the month off, then assigned a 4 day starting on the 1st, giving him a 1 day break between 4 day trips, and taking him down to min days off for the month.

Integration, transition, whatever the company wants to call it can kiss my a$$. Give that flying to the buildup line holders who are just happy to not have to sit reserve the entire month.

On the subject of times.

Yes, I agree the time starts when the contract says it does, not when some memo says to call it.

This is important because we are letting the company change the contract with a memo.

Call the time that will make you the MOST money.

BUT, on the radio and any other reference to times, PLEASE, call it CAA123 BLOCKED OUT @ so and so.

NOT DOOR CLOSED @

and for god sakes

stop saying Door closed ON TIME!

I am sick of this company asking for our help in every little way, for nothing in return.

MEDECO

I agree. Slow it down. We also have a bunch new hires with the Kool-Aid Vision, practically washing airplanes. Just do your job and nothing more.

Another thing. If you're on duty more than 15 hours, you must have 10 hours of rest that night. No exceptions. There are a lot of 3 day trip with 13+ hour duty days out there. Watch for it. Alot of pilots don't know about this.

War Eagle bro.....

Latest resources

Back