Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If everyone else can do it, why can't ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is a question.
You arrive at an aircraft, and for some reason, lets say apu inop on 95 degree day and plane is way too hot for revenue flight. So the captain denys the aircraft or says get it fixed. So you get a new airplane.
The company will then give the same ship to another crew. If they take the ship then nothing will ever get fixed. It needs to be written in the can, that plane was not accepted for MX reasons, so EVERY crew DENYS the airplane. If eveyone does it then things will get fixed. If it doesn't happen, the company will be able to get away with these items.
Just my opinion.

Tell me, what exactly would you write up?

The APU was written up, then deferred. The aircraft is legal for service as per the MEL. Just because the captain doesn't want to take the aircraft (and rightly so in a 95 degree day when there is one working ground air cart that probably puts out 50 deg. air at best) does not mean there's an additional maintenance discrepancy on the aircraft.

By looking at the ASA Flight Control Daily Log a lot of Captains are refusing to take aircraft with inop APU's. That is what every Captain needs to do! Then they will fix them.

701EV

I agree. We refused one of the BR6?? independence a/c due to apu inop. And that was per Chief pilot to refuse the a/c.

So tell me what to do. Do I send ASA my resume or do I sit on the fence and wait till Skywest picks them up and then apply?

Mojo Risen said:
So tell me what to do. Do I send ASA my resume or do I sit on the fence and wait till Skywest picks them up and then apply?

Just send your resumé to Mesa.

Without APU's in the summer how are the chocolate granola chewy bars supposed to survive!?!?!?

Mojo,

Send your resume to everybody, not just ASA

701EV

Palerider957 said:
"The vote," at this rate won't take place until 2016.

I still hear pilots nursing broken planes around, fudging times (i.e. SLC) to give the company stellar on time perf., and generally doing everything they can to keep the Titanic on course.

The only way we will EVER see a new contract (let alone a better contract), is by bringing the company to it's knees. This is the ONLY way Delta will notice us--banners over the stadium are cute, but ineffective.

Skips letters tell us how "well" the company is doing, with record loads, good performence stats, etc. Why? Because pilots aren't putting any pressure on the comany.

As a group, we are a bunch of patsy school girls, and we are getting what we deserve.:mad:

Amen Palerider! Amen.

:cool: That is right fella's, we MUST deny those inop apu aircraft in the heat! It is the "Captains Authority" deeming the heat making it unsafe to take the aircraft! Until things pick-up in the contract area, call EXACT TIMES!! Quit helping the company out! They have screwed us for almost 3 years, it is time to let the "on-time" thing blow away! Keep the faith guys/gals!:eek:

Latest resources

Back