• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta were to hire...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is also a rumor about at Guam base. Probably not immediately but 2-4 years away (if it doesn't sink).

New hires can end up there....

GUM needs a five year commitment from marketing to open. If Marketing will not give that, then it will be a TDY event.

Hiring is basically become a foregone conclusion. I would expect to see recalls and flows as early as late summer to as late as early next year. Oil goes up it will be later. If you wan to return, send your intentions to flt ops.

The management spin on Memphis continues to sound positive...at least better than CVG, which isn't saying much. That being said, if they pull the 9's out without replacing them with something other than RJ's then I think we'll have our answer on the future of MEM. ACL, what are you hearing?

I think that there may be another city better served than MEM for that type of hub. That said, anything is possible and they are not painting themselves in a corner. RJ expansion the the last move in the HUB playbook for DAL though.

funny stuff.... if Delta were to hire, haha. Nobody pays attention to history - it always repeats itself! The 747-200's just left, the DC-9's are leaving... ALL of them by the end of next year (unconfirmed, but highly likely) - I mean, you can't just take that many pilots off of one airplane and train them. Some of these planes will be replaced by other types (RJ's). A hub will virtually close, another hub might completely close. Oil goes higher, management will use that to reduce flying frequencies and press DALPA for more bigger RJ's. SOS, think about it. ACL also said that JAL was a done deal, so how much does he know? Mgt. thinks pilots are stupid, they will never tell us the truth.

Two, those were the words used, then everyone got really quite. I would say that you will see something in regards to JAL in the next two years.

As for the DC-9 They will park all of em if they can find MD-90's to replace em. Duh. Simple fact is that if oil goes north of 130 you are correct, they will be parked. They are a throw away jet.

As for more RJ's sure with mainline pilots in them.

Two, those were the words used, then everyone got really quite. I would say that you will see something in regards to JAL in the next two years.

As for the DC-9 They will park all of em if they can find MD-90's to replace em. Duh. Simple fact is that if oil goes north of 130 you are correct, they will be parked. They are a throw away jet.

Please make that happen!! Is there talk over there to bring domestic flying back to that side of the house? It would be nice to see the 90 seat and up regional planes with mainline pilots in them. If scope is relaxed anymore the system will be broken forever.

Remains to be seen. The trend has been the exact opposite. Delta will want more scope relief and WILL provide some grand incentives to see their plans comes to fruition. How will they do this? Money. You can expect to see Delta's opener to include all 100 seat flying with pay increases, more vacation, improvements to retirement, and so on.

Scope is an issue for all, but not the number one issue for many as it is for those of on the bottom half of the seniority list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back