Ideas for getting more students?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gnx99

Hi, I'm a CFI and I need more students. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to find some interested people?

Is posting at colleges a good idea?

Where do rich people hang out?

Last edited:
Referrals

I always got most of my students through my other students.

Do a great job; be knowledgeable; be enthusiastic; be professional; have a great time; pass on your love of flight; make it worth their time to shell out the big bucks...

...if you can make the experience something that they look forward to every week then they go back to work and tell everyone about it. They want to brag.

A happy student is your best advertising.

Don't sit there and sigh; Don't complain about the industry; Don't gripe about your pay.

Your students aren't there to here about your problems. They want to forget about their own; they want to leave them all on the ground, miles and miles away.

Good luck.

Great ideas from mar. One thing I did that worked well was to offer a free "week-end warrior" ground school. The students had to buy a written test book, plotter, E6B, flight plans and had to pay for the actual written. I ran an add in the newspaper and had the students enrolled a week in advance. I told them that they needed to go through all of the wx, airspace and FAR Q's in the book at least two times before the class. I would go through flight planning, navigation and help with regs and airspace in class. They also had to make at least an 80% on a practice written I made in order to get the sign-off.
One more thing that brought out some students. I put out boxs around Mothers day and Fathers day to give Mom and Dad an introduction flight for there "special" day. It worked well. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back