Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT & ALPA political clout against DHL/UPS

Anyone going to the Red Bull air race in Detroit this weekend? I need to get out and not think about this for a couple days. May leave from Cincy this evening.

Fedex can also use this as a HUGE sales tool with DHL customers...
Well, I see your point but it could also go like this…

"He calmly explains that if they continue to use DHL, that their package is ultimately out of their control. It is flown on a UPS aircraft. What if UPS strikes? What priority will DHL packages have at Christmas?

But, if you elect to use Fedex, your package will:

Be picked up by a Fedex driver...

...or actually an 'independent contract worker' who's suing right now to be recognized as an employee so he/she can get all the employee benefits, etc...”

Sorry, didn't mean to pick on purple drivers but had to respond to this "speculation"...

Maybe it's 'a tad' inappropriate for us, both UPS and Fedex drivers to be acting like vulchers (sp?) speculating how this deal might benefit our respective companies at a time when DHL guys/gals are getting screwed by their own management? I really feel bad about the way they got screwed…

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. I'm an ABX guy and I know that you guys aren't vultures. Your company is picking up where an the Germans are failing. Thats business. We are controlled by some that just didn't get the job done. You guys that fly brown have been very respectful to our demise and that is very much appreciated.

Don't worry about it. I'm an ABX guy and I know that you guys aren't vultures. Your company is picking up where an the Germans are failing. Thats business. We are controlled by some that just didn't get the job done. You guys that fly brown have been very respectful to our demise and that is very much appreciated.

X2 what he said
later
wickedride

Looks like McCain will be in Wilmington this afternoon for a meeting about the DHL cluster********************. Unfortunately it's a closed meeting, so the whole town won't be able to shop up.

Latest resources

Back