IAH-EWR Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
ATL is a tough commute though. The reason for commuting on XJT is that if you are an XJT pilot you have priority for the jumseat.

That, and CAL only carries as many jumpseaters as there are jumpseats on the airplane.

ATRedneck said:
That, and CAL only carries as many jumpseaters as there are jumpseats on the airplane.

True dat, but if the gate agent and the captain are nice enough, they will make room for you, it happens very seldom though.

I cant think of anything else I would rather do that deadhead on Continental 10 times a month at least if I had to make the IAH-EWR commute...........

I personally would probably go insane, or just cry during each flight.

IAH-DEN-EWR sounds like a boat load of fun.

Commuting sucks.

Tickets going for $3.50 roundtrip, storms, capacity, full flights. This summer will be hell.

I agree with all that has been said above X2!

I have been bumped a few times but if you can go the two leg thing it will REALLY help. One more thing... give your self plenty of time!

Best of Luck!

Celloman

Pretty soon (when they get the W&B software dialed in) they will take unlimited jumpseaters, right now its up to CA/Agent.

The nice times of day are a pain from EWR to IAH, I been doing it for training with pos. space passes and they are always full. The late night flights always seem to have a couple seats open however. Makes for short days off and long days but probably do-able. Otherwise the 2 leg is the way to go on XJT, there are several through flights if you look deep enough.

Latest resources

Back