IAH-EWR Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyforyou

Looking for some feedback from any CAL folks doing this commute. Is it a nightmare or would it be possible for a junior guy?? Thanks for the info...

Fly

From what I hear, hub-to-hub is a nightmare. I would avoid it if I could. Also avoid DEN as well. Ton of commuters.

I am not CAL but i hope my opinion still counts. I commute home everytime between iah-ewr. I have only been bumped on 1 flight in 3 months. I have two legged it a couple times but overall it really hasnt been bad at all.

If you look at the flight loads they are always full with non revs and commuters.

I'd recomend the two leg commute. If you are XJT look for a city that has a few RJ flights a day from both hubs, then you can always have the jumpseat.

Roger that! But stay out of my bag of tricks at least till i get IAH next month then start your commute unless you are junior to me then i dont care.

I don't commute, but sometimes I travel btween hubs to go somewhere.

And sorry if I bump you sometime, you are junior to me ;)

Just rode EWR-IAH yesterday. (I don't commute - was visiting Yankee in-laws :eek: )

It was as full as it gets, with every seat filled, j/s included. I could have gotten on with a pass, but the crew let me take the 2nd cockpit j/s to get one more on in the back.

I used to commute as a new-hire, and summers were always the worst, load-wise, but even then I only got left off once or twice.

Two-legging is usually a sure ace-in-the-hole, since a lot of XJT flights carry through an outstation with the same aircraft and crew between EWR and IAH, probably a half-dozen or so every bank of flights. DAY, IND, CVG, BNA, MEM, TYS, GSP, CAE, SDF all have frequent service from both hubs.

ATL is a tough commute though. The reason for commuting on XJT is that if you are an XJT pilot you have priority for the jumseat.

Latest resources

Back