Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

badog

Right career, Wrong time
We're losing $ but thanks for all you do ! I'm sure we all appreciate the new bases, (took long enough!). Now if we can just can the redundant management, this company would make $.
Discuss...

Subject: ExpressJet to open ERJ crew domiciles at DEN, IAD and MCI
I expect many of you will be pleased that we have decided to open new ERJ crew domiciles at Denver (DEN), Dulles (IAD) and Kansas City (MCI). Opening these domiciles is a result of the need to redistribute existing crews to better serve our United network needs, and we anticipate the primary crew reduction in ORD. United?s commitment to ExpressJet continuing to serve these markets means that opening these domiciles makes good business sense, and will provide greater support for our crew members and fleet.
There are a number of details that remain to be finalized, but I can share these key details with you today:
 Approximately 80 crews for DEN, 70 crews for IAD, and 80 crews for MCI will be needed;
 A system bid will be posted by the end of May; and
 All three domiciles are scheduled tentatively to open Friday, Aug. 31, 2013.
:beer:

What does that mean for the CRJ base in IAD?

I dont think this means anything for the CRJ base in IAD.

Supposedly all this is for is to relieve staffing issues in DEN and IAD.

The MCI base, supposedly, as has been rumored for a few years, is due to the fact that we have 10+ airplanes that overnight there and we have like 40+ crews per day staying there. Thats a lot of hotel rooms.

ORD WILL shrink, although I highly doubt it will shrink by the 230 crew number that this announcement shows.

DEN will probably go senior. No clue about MCI or IAD.

I also think this is to get ready for flight time/duty time come January where they cant just "schedule for 12.5 and extend to 15.5" whenever they damn well want to. Going to need a fair number of reserves just sitting around in the various hubs for times when the SHTF.

The ual crjs will go away with the end of the contract in 2015 unless the -200s are exchanged for something else.

Latest resources

Back