• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Wonder....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Au contraire, my fine feathered poker playing friend. We are in competition with charter all the time, as customer/owners are continually weighing the benefits of frac versus charter. Have you noticed what Clay Lacy has done to us in the last several years? I wish they would unionize.

And a number of those clients have come back to us because that d-bag couldn't help himself screwing some of those clients.

And the discussion was about Travel Management and the fact that they are the primary provider of supplemental lift to NetJets for sell-offs. The owner of TM sold his main business to Berkshire Hathaway a few years back. See the connection?

Au contraire, my fine feathered poker playing friend. We are in competition with charter all the time, as customer/owners are continually weighing the benefits of frac versus charter. Have you noticed what Clay Lacy has done to us in the last several years? I wish they would unionize.

I don't know the answer to the price elasticity question, but I do know there is an end to how much you can pass on to the consumer. The question is how much you can push your pilots to increase the amount in your pocket. Unions, in the right circumstances, help define that push. TM is a poster child for pushing, and needs the definition.

TM's growth has been fueled, largely, by flying NetJets sell-off trips.

I'm a pro-union TMC pilot.
I just have to correct a common misunderstanding: In many threads here on FI, NetJets pilots seem to think that TMC's primary income comes from EJM scabbing. I fly on average one EJM trip a month. If TMC lost all EJM/NetJets business it would barely make a blip on TMC's bottom line.
You NetJetters are not as big and important as you think you are.

TM's growth has been fueled, largely, by flying NetJets sell-off trips.

NetJets pilots seem to think that TMC's primary income and growth comes from EJM scabbing. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I fly on average less than one EJM/NetJets trip a month. They are rare.
If TMC lost all EJM/NetJets business it would barely make a blip on TMC's bottom line.

I just have to correct a common misunderstanding: In many threads here on FI, NetJets pilots seem to think that TMC's primary income comes from EJM scabbing. I fly on average one EJM trip a month. If TMC lost all EJM/NetJets business it would barely make a blip on TMC's bottom line.
You NetJetters are not as big and important as you think you are.

It's not that we think we're that important. It's that we know how TM will be used if and when a strike happens on property.

Doesn't matter that you're flying only one trip a month. If your company is flying ten trips a day spread over x-amount of airframes, well you get the picture.

Sign the card, vote, and be welcomed to the brotherhood. Tailwinds my friend!

Do you think they will send out management pilots over the holidays? I'd love to see DEMM do a 15 day (70+ Hour) rotation with all his BULL$h!t standards he holds all the pilots to. Merry F*#king Xmas, Thanks for playing!

And a number of those clients have come back to us because that d-bag couldn't help himself screwing some of those clients.

And the discussion was about Travel Management and the fact that they are the primary provider of supplemental lift to NetJets for sell-offs. The owner of TM sold his main business to Berkshire Hathaway a few years back. See the connection?

I see. So if they unionize, I guess they won't fly our trips if we strike. They would cost themselves money as individual pilots (if they are paid by the trip or by the hour) so they could honor our picket line. Interesting if true. Good for us, if true. I doubt they would honor the picket line, but, incredibly, I have been wrong before. :)

Latest resources

Back