• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Wonder....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TM will now be easier to compte with, and they are happy. A win win.

Let's say profit margins at TM are (hypothetical #'s) 20%, and a new CBA costs 10 to 15% of those margins. If management accepts the lower profit margin of 5 to 10%, and never raises rates to its customers, how will they be easier to compete with?

Let's say profit margins at TM are (hypothetical #'s) 20%, and a new CBA costs 10 to 15% of those margins. If management accepts the lower profit margin of 5 to 10%, and never raises rates to its customers, how will they be easier to compete with?

And just being honest, the TM customers and the NJ customers aren't really in the same category. The high end fracs don't compete with charter operators on price, they use service to differentiate their products.

TM isn't NetJets' competitor. TM is NetJets' go-to sell off operator and potential strike-breaking lift provider. Which is why we are ECSTATIC that TM will apparently become the next unionized shop in the bat-$hite-crazy world of fractional aviation.

I do believe you need a union to have TM management listen. However, I do not think they are making as much money as the pilots believe. So, if the union drive is about being paid like a NJ pilot, you will most likely be disappointed. If the union dive is about a better schedule you might get somewhere with a union. Good luck!

Raising the costs of our competition is always a good thing. Higher costs mean probably higher prices to customers and slower expansion, which benefits NJA. Fine with me.

TM isn't NetJets' competitor. TM is NetJets' go-to sell off operator and potential strike-breaking lift provider. Which is why we are ECSTATIC that TM will apparently become the next unionized shop in the bat-$hite-crazy world of fractional aviation.

Au contraire, my fine feathered poker playing friend. We are in competition with charter all the time, as customer/owners are continually weighing the benefits of frac versus charter. Have you noticed what Clay Lacy has done to us in the last several years? I wish they would unionize.

How will having pilots at separate carrier, represented by a separate union help in the event of an NJ job action?

How will having pilots at separate carrier, represented by a separate union help in the event of an NJ job action?

TM's growth has been fueled, largely, by flying NetJets sell-off trips.

If NetJets' labor issues eventually resulted in a lockout or strike, TM would be contracted to provide a major portion of the lift in a company effort to break NJASAP.

If TM is a union shop by the time a work stoppage occurs at NetJets (likely), there is NO WAY the Teamsters or ANY OTHER union will allow one of their locals to fly struck work.

THAT is why TM being a union shop is valuable to NetJets pilots.

Latest resources

Back