Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I want to know how many days off you have!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was getting 16 and 17 off before going on Mil Leave 1.5 years ago. I usually had to bid around two days a month too. Don't know what the schedules look like now.

What's your problem, Cougar? You know schedules vary widely even within the airline. Some get 10 days off-others at the top of the stack get 18 off.

OK im gonna try this again... genuine responses only, please no A-holes respond, no pissed off reserve pilots either. This isnt meant as a pissing contest...

average how many days off are you getting? and where do you stand on your respective seniority list? also please include weekends off, credit hours, airline you work for

previously we had pinnacle mid level guys averaging 17-18 with weekends off

I believe you when you say you have 17-18 days off. That's about the right number of off days it takes to get so F-ing bored that you come up with this lameass thread, not once, but twice.

Next time why don't you ask everyone "I want to know how hot your wife is!!!!" and start that thread. You'll come across as the same lonely toolbox but at least it'd be something interesting.

And enjoy your min guaruntee.

That was a genuine response, by the way.

Last edited:
Last time I was displaced back to the right seat 4 years ago - one day trips with 19 days off (one month I pulled 20). CVG-BWI-CVG-RSW-CVG (7:58)

This time I am displaced to the right seat - one day trips with 11-12 days off. CVG-PBI-CVG or CVG-DFW-CVG (~ 4:20+/-)

All the one day trips now are only 2 legs.

Last edited:
16 off. Home 24 nights out of the month and home for dinner 20 nights of the month. most weekends off. But live in base, senior rsv RAH.

And that right there is the summation of my career goals: Senior RSV living in base. Right now it's junior lineholding on permanently understaffed equipment.

-Goose

sorry guess this was the wrong place to figure out how good different schedules at different airlines are.... most of you guys are total tools and i have lost a lot of respect for fellow airline pilots-
-seems like my sched at skywest would probably be 15 days off, republic 13-14 days off, and pinnacle 17-18 days off.

Hey reserve guys, next time im voting YES so you suffer a little longer. If you guys wernt such @#%#@$. I feel it every time i fly with you, so arrogant and think you deserve more than the next guy

Maybe, until the new duty and rest requirements take effect. Then you will have the same or worse schedule, in the worst hotels in the industry for the least amount of credit in the industry.

But go ahead, brag on. And you probably voted yes on the TA.

I believe you when you say you have 17-18 days off. That's about the right number of off days it takes to get so F-ing bored that you come up with this lameass thread, not once, but twice.

Next time why don't you ask everyone "I want to know how hot your wife is!!!!" and start that thread. You'll come across as the same lonely toolbox but at least it'd be something interesting.

And enjoy your min guaruntee.

That was a genuine response, by the way.

Oh yea, that would be an awesome thread. They could post pictures for proof! Then post their schedules so us reserve guys that never fly could stop by their house while they are on an overnight! That could be a spectacular thread indeed!

I average 15-16 days off a month, along with every other weekend. But then again, we're not ALPA, so we're not held to some BS contract that is basically the FAA min requirements.

Latest resources

Back