I think Comair is a little jealous.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL737FO said:
Not trying to start a war or anything but our, mainline pilots, letter 46 states that 25% of all Delta flying will be flown by ASA and COMAIR as long as they are wholly owned airlines. I'm no lawyer but I would think that COMAIR has a pretty good foot to stand on for flying all 25% now.

Is that 100% owned or just partial?

Comair isn't going anywhere for now. Delta's going to declare CH 11, take us with them, and get some payback from the strike. I'm not worried about losing my job, I'm worried about losing more pay! And what would we be jealous about? I'm afraid that out brothers and sisters at ASA are in for the whipsaw of their lives. I hope I'm wrong but you guys just got bought out by a cheap operator. How long do you think it will be before Skywest management transfers some assets from your certificate to theirs and staffs those airplanes with their non-union, cheaper pilots, just to show you that they will not pay you any more than you already are? You guys deserve a better contract, and I will be the first to walk the line with you. I just hope this sale doesn't derail any progress that was made at the bargaining table. Good luck to all of you!

It's the seventy guys and gals that take the hit unfortunately, actually the second year pay is better at skywest than at ASA.

How long do you think it will be before Skywest management transfers some assets from your certificate to theirs and staffs those airplanes with their non-union, cheaper pilots, just to show you that they will not pay you any more than you already are?

Lack of progression

Homer Jay said:
I just hope this sale doesn't derail any progress that was made at the bargaining table. Good luck to all of you!

There has been NO progression in 3 years of negotiating!!

This is not meant as a mean barb or anything, but the asa group needs to take out the entire negotiating committee and get them pissed, and then do not let those guys buy a drink for the next several years. Every second they have spent negotiating over the past three years is now useless. Again, I am not happy about any of this or jealous or any of that bs, but what do you think is going to happen when you bring everything ta'd to the table with skywest? If it cost 1 cent more than their status quo it just aint gonna happen. If they do roll over on anything that increases their current cost structure than I would REALLY start to worry. Good luck, the only merger/aquisition in the recent past that has worked out well for anyone is reno/aa. In every other case, someone has been seriously deep d1cked. Either way, I hope it works out well for everyone, asa and the 70for50 guys:) just f'n with ya, lighten up francis

The worry over here is that know one is in a position to write the check for us. Nothing prevents them from piecing us out though. That's my worry any way.

DAL737FO said:
Not trying to start a war or anything but our, mainline pilots, letter 46 states that 25% of all Delta flying will be flown by ASA and COMAIR as long as they are wholly owned airlines. I'm no lawyer but I would think that COMAIR has a pretty good foot to stand on for flying all 25% now.

I wish that was the case, but I think the judge in Ch. 11 will have a say in that. Anyway, it's not Comair's LOA its Dalpa's and I don't see them wasting any bargaining capital on us. Unless of course we could offer some kind of job protection to Delta pilots which is long overdue anyway.
On a separate rumor I heard that when DAL restructered its debt with GE, GE hedged itself if DAL filed ch. 11 with some language that would force an IPO of comair and that it would use some of that capital for payment to GE and that is why Fred keeps trying to get other feed to make comair more of a skywest/mesa feed structure to make comair more attractive on the I.P.O front.

Whatever happens, one thing is for sure, we will have no say in it.

By the time any grievance would see an arbitrator regarding the 25% DCI flying, DAL will be deep into Chapter 11. Then all bets are out the window.

Latest resources

Back