• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
I.T. Field for regionals?

Any ex- I.T. folks leave for the regionals, or vice -versa?
Any input, pros / cons, any regrets? Any I.T. current or ex I.T.folks sound off on the career move if possible. Pretty close to completing my JAVA Certification.....just looking for feedback

-Cheers

Last edited:
I'd go for a major, i.e. Delta. ExpressJet (ASA-side) was in the stone-age until Delta bought us and Delta Technology overhauled our lack of computers. Until the late 90's, ASA still did ticketing by hand. If you want to be somewhere where the technology is, go where the money is (the majors, Hayes modems, UPS Avionics, etc.). Good luck and congratulations on your certification!

Left Regionals for my current IT job...still completing my Certifications for JAVA. Pretty much home every night 43k (entry level) beats Regional flying for me thus far no complaints.......seems like lots of room for growth. Some of the salaries for experienced Programmers are pretty good.

Miss flying on occasion, but not enough to go back

Make lots of $$$$, rent airplanes (flies, floats, f***s --- rent it cheaper), and have fun. Consider the regionals a life experience.

im getting ready to do the same thing.. had enough of this roller coaster ride..

...good for you.....thought about the Computer Networking side of the house, however decided to do Programming instead (Java). I imagine flying will make for good water cooler talk once I get on with solid company. Plenty of work out there on the Networking or Programming side of the house
Best of luck to you.....enjoy the ride.

Make lots of $$$$, rent airplanes (flies, floats, f***s --- rent it cheaper), and have fun. Consider the regionals a life experience.

THIS!!!

I cannot stress this enough!!

If you learn nothing else this year... learn the bold print

Latest resources

Back