• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I resent certain interview questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every other major airline has a better long-term employment prospect than US in terms of quality of life (east/west civil war) pay (no contract improvements until 50% of current east pilots retire) and employment security (USAPA leoprosy). These are likely to remain for 10+ years IMHO. US labor (solely becasue of USAPA) can never participate in the economic good times, but is always vulnerable to the downturns.

121 jet time is there for the offering at most regionals for approximately the same pay. Bypass US and go directly to WN or DL.

In 2006 I did my 1st interview with CX in NYC. I was asked who else I had applied to. I said CX and continental. They said if we both offered you classes where would you go. I told them honestly continental and the reasons why.

4 years later I'm still flying the -400 at CX. Honesty is the best policy.

In 2006 I did my 1st interview with CX in NYC. I was asked who else I had applied to. I said CX and continental. They said if we both offered you classes where would you go. I told them honestly continental and the reasons why.

4 years later I'm still flying the -400 at CX. Honesty is the best policy.

Oh yeah, and I'm quite happy Continental never called.

I answered that question that I had applied to everyone with the word "air" in their name and there may have been a few air conditioning companies in there too. The HR person was shocked, the line pilot laughed. I got the job.

Ha Ha Ha! "Now that's funny right there! I don't care who you are!"

I understand being out of a job (been there), but don't be the desperate puppy dog that will take anything either.....at least don't come across that way. Remember, in an interview you are interviewing the employer too.

I was on an interview board and a prospective hire answered the question saying that he had interviewed elsewhere. Then he followed up with "Have you interviewed other pilots for this opening?" blah blah blah "How many?". We chuckled, but answered. The guy was the first pick.

Last edited:
Why did I apply to a scumbag freight outfit???

Plausible answers:

1. Because I can't get hired anywhere else.
2. Because I'm a drunk with multiple DUIs.
3. Because I've wrecked a few airplanes.
4. Because I got furloughed from a reputable airline and need a temporary job.
5. Because I need some large airplane logbook time.
6. Because I can't stand my wife and I want to be gone from home at least 22 days a month.

Plausible answers:

6. Because I can't stand my wife and I want to be gone from home at least 22 days a month.
actually on-demand guys who live at base spend more time home than most pilots, I think our average pilot is gone less than 10 days month.

Plausible answers:

Goooooooood stuff!

Question: What would be the biggest challange for you working here at "Scumbag Air Cargo"?
Answer: Ummm...Surviving the training pay

They did not like that!

Latest resources

Back