• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I resent certain interview questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I so RESENT being asked if I have interviewed with any other airlines particularly
in this type of environment where the market is floaded with qualified pilots. So you are asking me to LIE!!!

They might be looking for ideas for their own escape.

Answer the race question!

"Yes sir! I'm an under-represented minority amputee"

Congrats, son, you're hired! Now your first task is to go outside and tell that white guy he didn't get hired.

Answer the race question!

"Yes sir! I'm an under-represented minority amputee"

Congrats, son, you're hired! Now your first task is to go outside and tell that white guy he didn't get hired.

An extremely short/small unit does not qualify as an "amputee".... nice try though..

Why would anyone NOT just tell them that, yes, you've applied at other places? I don't understand why someone thinks that's a bad answer to the question?

It's not the same as telling your girlfriend that you're seeing other people.
again an answer that you have not applied anywhere else; would raise my eyebrows. It is just not a realistic answer. And having been between job many times I know it is not the truth.

again an answer that you have not applied anywhere else; would raise my eyebrows. It is just not a realistic answer. And having been between job many times I know it is not the truth.

Why do you ask the question? You implied it wouldn't be a deal breaker in an earlier post, so what's the point of asking? To see how honest a person is?

Would you rather have a pilot who would, for whatever reason (local to YIP), rather be at USAJet than SWA? It seems to me that the perfect answer to that question for USAJet is "I live in Ann Arbor and don't want to commute, so I'd stay with you." Am I wrong?

Why do you ask the question? You implied it wouldn't be a deal breaker in an earlier post, so what's the point of asking? To see how honest a person is?

Would you rather have a pilot who would, for whatever reason (local to YIP), rather be at USAJet than SWA? It seems to me that the perfect answer to that question for USAJet is "I live in Ann Arbor and don't want to commute, so I'd stay with you." Am I wrong?
That would work if he was at another YIP based on-demand, but to not want to work at SWA? Just a question from our question bank, see how prehaps uncomfortable questions are handled. Becasue are going to ask how do you expect to stay a JUS. As per before the "Whole man concept"

Got the job

During my 1979 interview---

DAL CP: "Have you interviewed with anyone else?"
Me: "Yes, with American, but I was not hired."
DAL CP: "Any idea why not?"
Me: "Probably due to the intense competition."

Apparently, that was a satisfactory answer.

That would work if he was at another YIP based on-demand, but to not want to work at SWA? Just a question from our question bank, see how prehaps uncomfortable questions are handled. Becasue are going to ask how do you expect to stay a JUS. As per before the "Whole man concept"

Got it...at least I think. That looks like a smart phone post.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back