• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I read freight operators were hurtin' for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Richie Lengel??? He was my CP at Saber. Tell him Tom said hi too. And yes in person is much better with Richie. Just show up and tell him you're there for the interview... haha! thats what I did years ago.

Thanks guys for all the good advice, I am going to take it.
I sent out 35 or so resume's in December to regionals and cargo operators all over the country. The lastest three were to operators in my region. I hesitate to call because I feel like my resume' will go straight to the round file if I do. At this point I don't care, I'm going to start calling some folks.
I should'nt have listed the B1900 in my profile, it consisted of 20 minutes with an instructor in the FlightSafety level D sim. I did'nt even log it.

As these guys have said, finding a job is a job in itself. When I first became a CFII, I sent out probably 100 resumes and received 2 offers. Fortunately one of the offers worked out and got me where I am now. However, that method was not very effective.

Once having the 135 mins and over 100 hours multi, mostly turbine, I learned how to find opportunities. You can't just send out resumes and hope for a response. Many companies have on-line applications and do not want resumes. Others want faxed only resumes. And, others just want it emailed to them. You have to find the most effective method for your qualifications to find the recruitor's desk. Also, once it gets there, they are looking for something to "stand-out" about your resume. This could be the resume arriving Fed-ex, arrving via a current employee, etc.

Also, once sending/faxing/emailing a resume, you need to follow up with these people. A polite phone call one week after sending something has seemed to work for many others.

This is not meant to sound arrogant in any way, but 1 week after hitting 1200 hours and sending resumes out to potential employers, I was contacted by all of them and invited for interviews. So, the jobs are out there. Good luck to you and keep working.:)

Art V.

I sent my resume to Flight Express back in 2001 about 15 times and never heard a word from them. Finally, I got in my car, drove to Orlando and cornered the recruiter. I told him I wanted to work there, that I'm a good pilot and a hard worker. He hired me on the spot and I stayed two years. It was no picnic, but it was the best thing I could have done for my flying career. I left FLX 10x the pilot I was when I started.

IHF
Eagle F/O EMB-145

Isn't Ram Air the place where you used to have to fill out that online app. that has some kind of rating scale. I just remember a company a few years ago that did that and was real big on Piper time. Anyways, IHF I am going to be in big "D" again this week so give me a call.

Ram Air doesn't have an online app... Just email and/or fax your resume to Jerome, our chief pilot. Follow up with him a couple days later. We are starting another class very soon. Mx is above average. The people are great to work with and for. Come on over!!

Been there, done that sister and lucky to still be alive! Just Kidding.

I must have them confused with someone else. This was a couple of years ago though.

It looks like we are all trying to sell our companies, FLX, Ram Ex, Airnet, Race City, etc. We must all need days off. By the way, John Glenn, where is our standby/reserve guy?

Art Vandalay, Architect

Fingers crossed!

Art Vandalay said:
It looks like we are all trying to sell our companies, FLX, Ram Ex, Airnet, Race City, etc. We must all need days off. By the way, John Glenn, where is our standby/reserve guy?

Art Vandalay, Architect

They are in the Monday class. I want to get you guys some relief.
Won't it be nice to get a day off?

Latest resources

Back