I read freight operators were hurtin' for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bryan D

I have the 135.243 minimums and am current, so I shot my resume' off to Ram Air, Mountain Air and Package Express last Tues. (fax). Haven't heard a peep of them. I guess I'm not good enough. I read, in this forum, that they were in dire need of pilots as the one's they now have are jumping ship to the regionals. Any insiders that can share some info? I'm on the verge of calling 1-800-BIGTRUCKS.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bryan D said:
I have the 135.243 minimums and current, so I shot my resume' off to Ram Air, Mountain Air and Package Express last Tues. (fax). Haven't heard a peep of them. I guess I'm not good enough. I read, in this forum, that they were in dire need of pilots as the one's they now have are jumping ship to the regionals. Any insiders that can share some info? I'm on the verge of calling 1-800-BIGTRUCKS.
Thanks in advance.
You'd think most of the crappy operators would have a use for you...with all the regionals hiring and what not.

Did you follow up at all? I'm sure they need pilots, but I'm also sure they get a heck of a lot of resumes to wade through.

No offence, but you're in for a rough ride in this business if you assume "you're not good enough" because you send out resumes to three companies and dont hear back in a week.

Send more resumes and follow up with a polite phone call.

Good Luck!

Bryan D said:
I have the 135.243 minimums and am current, so I shot my resume' off to Ram Air, Mountain Air and Package Express last Tues. (fax). Haven't heard a peep of them. I guess I'm not good enough. I read, in this forum, that they were in dire need of pilots as the one's they now have are jumping ship to the regionals. Any insiders that can share some info? I'm on the verge of calling 1-800-BIGTRUCKS.
Thanks in advance.

You don't wanna keep flying that 1900?

Don't get discouraged!

Save that for later. If they are like me, they are trying to contact everybody and say thanks or no thanks.

In part thats why I send out a "canned" email reply. I get resumes from Singapore, Spain so even ZULU time gets in the way. I am sure if we (Flight Express) are hiring, so too are other operators. To that end, I have a class date of April 18th. If you are interested, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read our website www.flightexpress.com FIRST and realize what we can and cannot offer. Additionally make sure you are comfortable on instruments. A great rule of thumb is, if you can pass the FAA instrument written and checkride, you should have no problem here.

If you want a flying job, we have them. You can PM if interested. I would be happy to talk with you. Good luck out there and remember "Chicks dig pilots." Just don't show them your paystub until you are flying for the bigs.

Bryan D said:
Thanks in advance.

Got to go in person

Smaller companies do not have full time hiring recruiting staffs. They get many resumes, many are just shoppers and they take up time that is in short supply. Therefore, samll companies rarely respond to blind resumes. At small companies you almost have to visit in person, sell yourself and be available. Try to network and find someone inside the company to either hand carry your resume or introduce you to the guys making hiring decisions. Having sent out probably several 100's of blind resumes, ones not responding to an ad, over my career I never gotten a response.

Last edited:
Call!!!

You should never think of sending a resume in as an end all in itself. All of the people running these places are busy. And in any situation the resumes with follow ups are the ones that get noticed first. I can just about garuntee you that if you have the 135 mins and call package express at 704-795-1600 and talk to Richie Lengel and are willing to relocate to where you need, you WILL have a job. Tell Richie Caleb told you to call!

Latest resources

Back