Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flighter said:
Lighten up Terry!

He is right on the money. This is what happens when you hire low-time punks from Embry-Riddle who are all-too happy and giddy to be an "airline pilot" flying a jet. Embry-Riddle and Romper Room all evoke the same thoughts and images.

The 22-year-old's look like dorks when they walk through the terminal with their hair-gel and attitude of "wow look at me, I are an airline pilot". Why don't most of you punks humble yourselves and paste your W-2's to the back of your flight cases?

Playing tag in the jetway?? And you wonder why you are paid less than the average derelict?

And what is up with that dude wearing the mask and holding up the axe and fire extinguisher IN FLIGHT while his captain is taking his picture? Yeah, that's professional.

...and the horizontally gifted in the seat behind you who needs YOUR headrest for leverage just to extricate him/herseft out of their seat. During this process, as their hand goes to your headrest they manage to grab your hair and yank it out thus leaving 2,439 billion hairs seperated from your head :eek:! And in this process also manage to break the seat back therefore causing a delay because now your seat won't stay upright.

All this so the horizontally gifted can get a package of Cheetoh's out of the overhead in preparation for survival on the 2 hour flight.

I was thankful that I wasn't in the middle seat next to that person since their rather large and polyester clad buttockal reagion would have been smack in my face during this process, which took quite a while I might add!

I just drive if I can get there in 8 hours or less. It's about the same amount of time I will usually spend travelling anyway.

My favorite was the guy who had his jacket draped lengthwise, covering the entire bottom of the overhead bin. When I folded his jacket so that it only took up half the bin so I could put my bag in the other half. He jumped up, got in my face and informed me that he was going to "kick my ass" for touching his jacket. The guy was had about 70 hard years of being a loser on his 60 year old body (Apparently he was one of Herman's Hermits, you might have heard of them if you went to high school in 1955).

This is the part I hate about such situations. I am a guest of the airline and consider myself even more restricted in my options in interactions with customers. The aforementioned professionalism is a real pain in the balls in most commuting situations, especially if in uniform.

Of course, they're dropping the parking brake and trying to push, so all I could do was inform him that the overhead bin was not his personal coat rack and that there was, in fact, a coat closet at the front where they would be happy to hang up his precious jacket. I also informed him that I would make myself available at the gate at our destination for further discussion as to the business of ass kicking. Imagine my surprise when he had left the area by the time I deplaned. Must've been late for his gig at the local high school gym.

My personal favorite are pax who seem to think that grocery sacks and trash bags are luggage.

None of this was in the brochure when I signed up........

Snapshot said:
None of this was in the brochure when I signed up........

Nobody signed up for Katrina as well......

Yet this is the world we live in.... adpat or die....

The people that will get farther are the ones that can easily manage or blow off clowns like this and move on. Focus on the positive and put forth energy on getting things done....

We all have the potential to be the guy with the coat.... Recall, we judge others by thier actions and ourselves by our thoughts.....

Terry, great post.

When I was on the DoJet in CVG, I would commute from DCA often on Delta Mainline.

I always hated when coming through 10,000 and the 4 annoying chimes, the F/a, would say "we've been cleared to land, please upright your seats" I mean cmon at that point we still have a good 20 minutes til landing! That's 20 mins more sleep time for me!
waaa!!

ACATerry Hit it right

ACATerry,

I read your post and it reminded me of what I have to look forward to coming of MIL LOA (Deployment). But, it beats get the S*it shot out of me. I did laugh my A$$ off though. Good job on the reality check.

Terry I think your my new hero. This job would be a whole lot better if it werent for the passengers. I think its safe to say I'm interested in cargo.

mamba20 said:
Terry I think your my new hero. This job would be a whole lot better if it werent for the passengers. I think its safe to say I'm interested in cargo.

What??? Every now and then managment comes up with this great scheme to run an airline without pilots.... only to realize at the end of the day.....

But a pilot advocating no passengers..... WTFO!

At least we have the cockpit door to close... the poor FAs have to deal with them....

Latest resources

Back