I messed up at work today! :-(

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

Okay, so i'm an ex pilot...well, still a pilot but no longer full time pro...anyways, now im a controller. Well in my two years as a controller i can saw I've never lost seperation. I take this job serious. Well today I had to OD's(Opereational Deviations) not OE (Opperational Errors) I.E. DEALS....Loss of seperation. That sucks...And I got called on it, thank god by an outside line and not the recorded line. NCT and ZOA TMU weren't happy with me tonight. What the hell is up with Call For Releases to OAK. Sorry, missed it on the TMU board. If you were a FEDEX or SWA jet going into OAK tonight and had weird vectors to final for some of my feeders that didn't get the EDCT times and got off the ground. Sorry, my bad.

okay, the next 2 pilot deviations in my airspace are freebee's to counteract my ignorance tonight....might have something to do with the fact that we were 2 understaffed and I was on position tonight for 6 hours without a break. But I'm gonna let all that slide, im better then that.

We all screw the preverbial pooch once in a while.

gkrangers said:
Been watching Pushing Tin lately?
I really like the line, in the beginning, "land a million planes safely, no one says a word. One little mid-air, and they are all over you"

Did anyone get injured? No.

Learn from it.

We are all human and mistakes will happen.

That's what TCAS is for. :)

Do they still have the 3 deals and your fired thing, or was that just an urban legend?

Lrjtcaptain said:
might have something to do with the fact that we were 2 understaffed and I was on position tonight for 6 hours without a break.

What are the legalities regarding rest? It seems to me that 6 hours without a break is too long for a controller. You guys have to be on all the time. I can't relate, but I imagine it's similar to our sim sessions (witch last four hours with a break in the middle, two hours PF, two hours PNF) and I know how I feel after the sim. I can't imagine six hours straight. Is this accurate? Are there slow times when you can take "micro naps" (times of brain inactivity)?

Latest resources

Back