I messed up at work today! :-(

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PacoPollo said:
So its ok for ATC to make "mistakes" without FAA enforcement.Wish it was the same for pilots.

So you've never made a mistake and ATC gave you a break and didn't report it for a pilot deviation? Give the guy a break. Everyone makes mistakes. Pilots screw up on crossing restrictions and such every day and controllers let it slide. Give them the same courtesy.

zbwmy said:
Six hours without a break? Time to join NATCA!

Time to join? Please, IM the UNION REP at my facility. I don't loose seperation, an operation deviation is busting an LOA or putting a plane in another controllers airspace with out a handoff. Mine wasn't too severe and the sup and the flow guys at NCT really didn't care too much but I always try to run a tight ship.

Read Paco's profile and look at his typical response. He comes in a couple times a day, displays some douchebaggery on a couple threads and leaves. Perfect candidate for the "ignore" function.

PCL_128 said:
So you've never made a mistake and ATC gave you a break and didn't report it for a pilot deviation? Give the guy a break. Everyone makes mistakes. Pilots screw up on crossing restrictions and such every day and controllers let it slide. Give them the same courtesy.

Yeah I make mistakes but regardless I always cover my Azz. I dont take the controller words for it. CYA

Lrjtcaptain said:
Time to join? Please, IM the UNION REP at my facility. I don't loose seperation, an operation deviation is busting an LOA or putting a plane in another controllers airspace with out a handoff. Mine wasn't too severe and the sup and the flow guys at NCT really didn't care too much but I always try to run a tight ship.

You are being WAAAAAY too hard on yourself. I think most all pilots and controllers (the good ones, anyway) are tough on themselves for every little thing they do well and not so well. I am glad that you have such high standards and am also glad that you recognize where you can make improvements. More of us need to do that more often.

Lrjtcaptain said:

Well....since you are the Rep I suggest you report to yourself that you went over two hours without a duty break and violated the contract.

Lrjtcaptain;

Welcome to the club, you're another imperfect, fallible, human being. Use the mistakes to rededicate yourself to an error-free performance. Spend some time going over the events that led up to the OD's. Pick them apart piece by piece and use the understanding gained to color and shade your future performance as a controller.

Do you guys have an FAA version of an ASAP program, or are you stuck with the ASRS?

Latest resources

Back