Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I live 2:05 from CLE am I SOL for a CS position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chickenwolf

Winter is Coming!!!
I know I can get to Hopkins from Columbus Ohio in 2 hours or less, but Mapquest and google say it's 2 hours and 5 minutes from my home address. Am I really a non candidate? Surely there are people from Columbus who commute for Citation shares. Thanks

I do not work for CS, but know people who live in the Columbus area that do. Why not use CVG as your domicile? That is within 2 hours.

Take Care,

Art V.

Yeah I did consider that, unfortunately CVG is 2:07 minutes from my address which is essentially in central Columbus just North off OSU. Thanks for the post though.

Google and Mapquest are the primary means of determining travel time.

That being said, I do know of a few people who were in a situation similar to yours and were able to find some other internet mapping program which said it was under 2 hours.

Good luck

For what its worth, I happened to speak to 2 CS folks last week in APF. I asked about them about the proximity to their bases and how it worked.

Both kind of laughed and said they both live further then what their company requires but that there were some "creative" ways to get around it.

I didn't both asking any further and the 4 of us went out to Spankies for lunch.

Good luck!!!!!

What I would do is find a friend that does live within 2 hours and "move in with them" lets say. Then you can put down their address as your permanent address or whatever. So what if your CS related mail is going to your friends house. At least you can work for the company that you want to work for. Lets get serious, 5 minutes isn't a big deal so just make it work.

Good luck.

Not sure if Netjets has the same stipulation. I don't believe so. I know people who fly SWA to their specific domicile, so, that CS rule must not apply at NJA (unless someone at NJA contradicts me). Columbus is a popular Netjets domicile - perhaps you should apply there too. I would.

Good luck.

Yeah, find another way, like yahoo maps, or etc. NJA doesnt care where you live as long as you report to your domicle at the beginning of your tour.

2 hours for CS

Yes they are crazy about the 2 hour rule.

Try NetJets, as long as you are their on time all is ok.

There appears to be no change on the horizon and they fire guys for lying about it.

Go figure.

They actually fire guys for this? Wow.

So what if you live 1:55 away from base this year, but next year they close a road that is on your route from your home to the airport and now it takes you 2:01 to get to the airport. Do you have to move?

Latest resources

Back