• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I guess my names on "The List" now...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, I never would have thought of that, I've got two under my seat right now.

Glad to see I'm not the only rider here. I just upgraded, and am thinking of an upgrade present, something with either Campy or full Dura-Ace. Anybody got any recommendations?

Wow, it is simply amazing.
You know, do you notice you never hear a good story about the TSA?
Maybe there aren't any.

sky37d said:
You know, do you notice you never hear a good story about the TSA?

Not necessarily a good story, but wife and I spent a week vacationing/cycling the Pacific Coast Highway along the Oregon coast last week. When we headed home I could not help but notice that the TSA personnel at PDX seemed much easier going (user friendly) than at IAH! On the other hand, there did seem to be a substantial number of TSA personnel doing nothing more than standing around looking important. Anyone know what it means when TSA staff run by shouting "code Blue, code blue"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
fxbat said:

I just got back from my second ride on my new bike. Just picked it up yesterday and it's one sweet ride. I'd highly recommend the bike, but if you do go with Cervelo be forewarned, their customer service S U C K S!!!!!!!! I waited 7 months for this bike as a replacement for a R2.5 that broke in January and my bike shop (www.all3sports.com, check them out) finally gave up on Cervelo and dug up a frame from another shop.

Again, great bike, pathetic customer service. :angryfire

LJDRVR said:
I just upgraded, and am thinking of an upgrade present, something with either Campy or full Dura-Ace. Anybody got any recommendations?

Cervelo R3 or Soloist Carbon would be hard to beat, but there aren't that many dealers around. Depends on if you're near one.

As for components, I have Campy Chorus on my R3 and Ultegra on my Cannondale and I'd give Campy the edge. In my experience I couldn't tell the difference between Record and Chorus and I'd even take Chorus over Dura-Ace, but that's personal preference. Record is very expensive too. A friend of mine crunched a Record rear derailleur and it cost over $250 just for a new one.

My current ride is a, Quintana Roo Kilo – 2005 with Zipp 404’s
I’ am converting to a road bike. The only time I feel safe enough to spend time in the aero bars is when I am racing.
Between the drivers in Florida and the crap roads in the UK a good road bike with quick turning abilities would work much better.
I have gone ageist a few P3C s and it’s the motor not the car that wins.
Still Cervelo makes a dam good looking ride

You said your bike was in it's case? Full sized case or one of the foldable kind? I've seen some of the Ritchey break-aways, and would like to talk to someone that actually rides one, and travels with it on a regular basis. Curious how that would work.

Looking for a new bike, try www.GVHbikes.com got my current ride through them. Good price, great service, and lot's of frames to choose from, especially if you're a Steel fan like me!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back