Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, how about:

http://forums.bicycling.com/eve

Just be forewarned: The Shamrox (cks) has a bit of a reputation over there for being a bit of a "rabble rouser". (I've actually met him, and he is really a great guy, but he does like to yank peoples chains sometimes).

Longtime MTBer looking to add a road bike to my cycling quiver. Any good suggestions? Looking at a Trek 2300 (105 on the drivetrain) on ebay and Trek 1500 (105/Tiagra I think) down at the shop ---- Partial to aluminum and don't have a lot of $$$ to spend, I am a CFI after all. Have yet to ride the Cannondale or the Specialized, but I'm going to give them a shot too. Really liked the 1500. I know it's not really the high end stuff, but I want to ride... soon.

Any other suggestions?

Will you roadies ever embrace aero bars and tank top cycling jerseys

I'm not sure if I qualify as a roadie yet, but if you are talking about Triathalon, you can just forget it right now. I hate running and I hate swimming. And I wear my bike-induced farmer tan with pride.

I am, however, learning to embrace full-suspension frames and disc brakes. That one's taken me a while.

-Goose

I'm surprised these $12/hr TSA flunkys didn't just steal it from the case. You're also lucky they didn't "manhandle" your bike and bend something.

Nothing good to say about these guys.

Goose Egg said:
Longtime MTBer looking to add a road bike to my cycling quiver. Any good suggestions? Looking at a Trek 2300 (105 on the drivetrain) on ebay and Trek 1500 (105/Tiagra I think) down at the shop ---- Partial to aluminum and don't have a lot of $$$ to spend, I am a CFI after all.

I'm considering the Trek 2300 also but I read somewhere that Trek abandoned US frame construction beginning with the '06 models and there has been some quality control issues with the Chinese purchased frames.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back