• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I got canned!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like the Director of Ops had it in for you and in a situation like that it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong. You made the mistake of getting on the bad side of the Director of Operations, gave him ammunition to use against you, and then made the tactical error of assuming that the big boss would stick up for you over his own D.O. That is bad office politics, you might win a few battles but in the end you make an enemy who has influence over your job. It might not be fair but that's the way it is at a lot of places, you might feel you did nothing wrong and maybe technically you didn't but perception is reality and sending your student off to do something while you "go have a smoke" sends all the wrong signals. Some places are stricter than others but the bottom line is you smoke on your own time, period. I've been in your situation before, (not fired but close to it) and I get the feeling from your post you're a lot like I was. Right now all your defense mechanisms are kicking in and it's a natural knee jerk reaction to be angry with them and hold yourself completely blameless, but in a few years after the initial sting of getting fired goes away and you've had some time to reflect you might feel differently about it.

P.S. No flight instructing job on this earth is worth suing over unless you can prove they sexually harrassed or somehow discriminated against you.

plus aren't smokes like 5 bucks a pack these days????

THATS a real freakin' reason to quit if ever there was one!!

:rolleyes:

pa28cfi said:
Right now all your defense mechanisms are kicking in and it's a natural knee jerk reaction to be angry with them and hold yourself completely blameless....

Do not misunderstand me when I say I am not pissed off at the fact that I was fired. I am pissed about the way that it all went about, the circumstances that brought about my firing, and the lack of any communication or paper trail leading up to 5/12/04.

AF Again!

Hey Iceman,
Sorry to hear your tale. MattFish is right, it's not the first time they've let someone go with a pregnant wife.

Remember the Director of Ops at PWK, not only had he not done anything wrong, they let him go right before Christmas as I recall and the reason was because he told them he was thinking about looking for a job closer to where his wife's family lived when they had the baby.

He was trying to do the right thing by the company and so they let him go straight away. He was a hardworking guy trying to do the right thing by his company and his family, same as you.

Well lesson learned right. No matter how much money you spent there, loyalty does not exist.

PM me and let me know how the job hunt goes.

Iceman21 said:
capt megadeath, I am not going to justify my decision in having another child when I am instructing. My family is taken care of, and money in not what is going to make my family function correctly. However, thanks for your "concern"

Don't you mean taken care of with our taxes now? WIC!

Money is not everything, I agree with that one.

But it does effect ones attitude when the bill collectors begin to call. If you think that does not affect your family then you are WRONG!

If a person can prevent further hardship at dire times then why wouldn't that person be smart enough to wear a jimmy hat?

I am poor, I have bills, I LOOOVE ramen noodles and I am smart enough to realize I would not want to bring a child into this mix.

WEAR A JIMMY HAT!!!!

If others would wear one then we could redirect the taxes paying for WIC and give it to the teachers (or some other good) of this world.

WIC just perpetuates sexual stupidity.

TXPILOT

WIC just perpetuates sexual stupidity.

I happen to think WIC is a great program. I am happy to have my tax dollars going to a good program. Food is a necessity and should be given to those who do not have.

Welfare is actually what perpetuates sexual stupidity and should go away. Why on earth should I work to pay for some lazy dumbass who by way of additional children, earns additional benefit.

It would be one thing if that benefit came via temp housing or a utility bill or two, but to send someone a check on a monthly basis to do whatever they want with does nothing to solve their problem.

There are actually many programs that the Department of Economic Security runs, including the Welfare to Work Program, which gives employers incentive for hiring these individuals.

Unfortunately what happens is people abuse the system - many of whom have never paid into the system. I know a woman (ex friend now) who is perfectly capable of working but has learned to work the sytem because she is LAZY! I think in the entire time that I have known her, she has worked about 3 weeks over the course of 7 years!! :( It makes me angry that I am working to pay for her laziness and having more children. I have no problem with people getting the assistance if they run on hard times, but continually sucking off the system makes me upset.

I have worked with women in a program called The Fresh Start Foundation here in Phoenix, in addition to the Women Off Welfare program. These individuals are truly trying to make a difference in the lives of the their children and themselves. I have no problem giving my time to help them because they want to help themselves. I applaud them for trying to change their circumstances. It is the other people that I have a problem with.

Kathy

Sorry to hear about this dude....

What do you expect from a school that has a 98% pass rate of students who have more violoations in the DPA FSDO than anyone else. That is seriously one jakked up company..and from what has been heard around PWK may not be in the Chicago area much longer. Have you tried any of the schools at PWK?

Latest resources

Back