• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I got canned!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iceman- Your going to need Cobra if you had medical insurance with your past employer. If not I would advise that you and your wife be very careful where you have your baby delivered. That is if you have to use public health. Check the hospitals in your area. Be very careful what you sign. Having a child can be very very expensive. On another note, look into the HVAC business. I quit the airline business 2 years ago after a 18 year 121 career and 7 years of freight, dusting, A/P, instructing, and S.American bush. Best decision ever made. Will clear close to 150k this year. Home every night, own boss, future is unlimited. With the past emphasis on Commuter Science with the Educators there is a sever shortage of competent individuals. The industry is facing a bonanza per say because of EPA Regs. I'm building a Pitts 12 and will finished in about a year. Then I'll fly when and where I determine. Don't get sucked into the "Love to Fly" BS. Take care of your family and give them a stable life with the current state of flying and the economy the road ahead will be tough for the next years. Also with the corruption in Govt. and Wall Street if the flying positions come back most likely the Gov. will be issuing Green Cards to Russian and Chinese to fly the planes for 2.00$ per day. Don't laugh it most likely will happen. Place yourself in the position to determine your own financial well being first. Corporate America will leave you very disappointed. Fly your own A/C where and when you desire. If you can fly a plane and instruct it isn't any more difficult to work with this equipment just less Glamorous which the fatcats in the Corporate World feed upon with less astute individuals.

Catbird said:
Iceman- Your going to need Cobra if you had medical insurance with your past employer. If not I would advise that you and your wife be very careful where you have your baby delivered. That is if you have to use public health. Check the hospitals in your area. Be very careful what you sign. Having a child can be very very expensive. On another note, look into the HVAC business. I quit the airline business 2 years ago after a 18 year 121 career and 7 years of freight, dusting, A/P, instructing, and S.American bush. Best decision ever made. Will clear close to 150k this year. Home every night, own boss, future is unlimited. With the past emphasis on Commuter Science with the Educators there is a sever shortage of competent individuals. The industry is facing a bonanza per say because of EPA Regs. I'm building a Pitts 12 and will finished in about a year. Then I'll fly when and where I determine. Don't get sucked into the "Love to Fly" BS. Take care of your family and give them a stable life with the current state of flying and the economy the road ahead will be tough for the next years. Also with the corruption in Govt. and Wall Street if the flying positions come back most likely the Gov. will be issuing Green Cards to Russian and Chinese to fly the planes for 2.00$ per day. Don't laugh it most likely will happen. Place yourself in the position to determine your own financial well being first. Corporate America will leave you very disappointed. Fly your own A/C where and when you desire. If you can fly a plane and instruct it isn't any more difficult to work with this equipment just less Glamorous which the fatcats in the Corporate World feed upon with less astute individuals.
It's funny that you should end your post with "less astute individuals," because that's PRECISELY what was running through my mind as I read the post.

Apparently, as long as one can hook up a bottle of freon and read the pressure guages, literacy is not important.

your going to need... ?

Commuter Science???

sever shortage?

per say??

will finished?

We'll REALLY be in trouble when the corrupt Government and Wall Street start issuing green cards to Chinese and Russian HVAC operators. They'll probably service your system for 50 cents per day, but at least they'll have a better command of the English language! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, what was the point about less astute indivduals?

Severe shortage of people in computer science??????

Does the IT industry have an "Air Inc." branch???????

Shortage my lilly white @ss. Ask the IT department at my company (all Indians and Packistanis) about the shortage. There was a shortage around 5 years ago, then they started importing indians to fill the gap. Now there is no shortage and the gap is filled with foreigners.

chawbein said:

Chaw,

I think he's trying to say (although it's difficult to surmise given the language barrier) there's a shortage of 1-armed HVAC operators, and that's how he can make 150 grand charging air conditioners. If one can sever a limb, he's more likely to get a high-paying position regardless of the insufficiency of his language skills.

I may have missed some oblique nuance of his post, but I think that's the gist.

:rolleyes:

chawbein- Ignore Tony C the English proctor. He's the little ass who was bending over behind the school yard for the extra credit. Too bad the fellow with the hammer at FedX isn't around when he's useful.

Pick me up?

I've never heard that term before.. It could be mis-interpreted as a drink.. drugs.. any number of things.. When you first said pick me up, a drink came to mind immediately..

If you want something from anybody, the best thing to do is come out and say it..

"I'm alittle short this month.. Could I get an advance?" Beating around the bush can lead to misunderstanding

Thanks for all the kind replies.

I will go into detail about my termination later today, but I wanted to clarify the use of "pick me up".

I went in to talk with him about my situation fincancially and what was going on overall in life. While he always made himself approachable in that way, I guess by doing what I did, thinking I could talk with him about it, I threw myself to the wolves.

I do believe this is a blessing in disquise as I already have a job lead ferrying for a aircraft sales company through my church.

I am in Chicago.

Iceman21 said:
Thanks for all the kind replies.

I will go into detail about my termination later today, but I wanted to clarify the use of "pick me up".

I went in to talk with him about my situation fincancially and what was going on overall in life. While he always made himself approachable in that way, I guess by doing what I did, thinking I could talk with him about it, I threw myself to the wolves.

I do believe this is a blessing in disquise as I already have a job lead ferrying for a aircraft sales company through my church.

I am in Chicago.

Is "pick me up" like when you want someone to get you out of your bad mood... like being able to talk to someone kind of like venting except you are more like sad, rather than pissed?

chawbein said:

Shortage my lilly white @ss. Ask the IT department at my company (all Indians and Packistanis) about the shortage. There was a shortage around 5 years ago, then they started importing indians to fill the gap. Now there is no shortage and the gap is filled with foreigners.

No there is a shortage of intelligent, experienced, and polite IT staff.

There are plenty of kids fresh out of college, that know nothing, that only went into comp sci because they heard that there was money in it. Worthless I tell you, half of them couldn't find their a$$ from first base when you tell them to do simple administrative tasks.

You know it sounds alot like flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back