Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former rep I can tell you that what you said is BS. You have hundreds o pilots. There is no pulse to take by word of mouth, email, crew room visits etc. Regardless, the point is that you don't know if there is a better PBS system! Your MEC won't let it sell itself! That's my only point.

Here's one thing you're not considering, the crj guys had line bidding and went to PBS. If flica PBS was bad they would be looking at the jcba as an opportunity to get line bidding back, hopefully that's what the legacy cal pilots are doing. Just the fact that the crj guys had both, and after comparison want to keep PBS, tells you flica PBS is a good system.

The erj pilots are over-looking the real issue, and that is work rules. What the company is doing is letting us fight over bid systems, and while we're distracted they're hacking away at the rules. It's their usual mo and they're doing it now.

I personally don't care which system we have because the company has been misusing PBS, but our attention needs to be focused on the rules, and that's what will influence my no vote.

From what I've heard from reps the current proposals are big gains for the crj side but will fall short of the erj expectations, so I expect the ta will not pass the first time. But at least we'll know what areas we need to really focus on.

And what you are not considering is that the ERJ line bidding system is not the CRJ line bidding system of yore.
Jeebus monkey balls, how many times do we have to say it... Yes, we understand completely that Flica was a gain for your side as compared to your line bidding. Yes, we understand that your Flica system had loopholes currently being exploited. Yes, we understand that this JCBA is a tremendous opportunity to improve upon those loopholes. Under similar circumstances, i would have voted for Flica too. Yes, for the love of giant t1ts, we get it!!! BUT EVEN WITH THOSE CHANGES IT IS A STEP BACKWARD FOR US. How hard is that to understand?
Short of the company agreeing to supply fairy dust, unicorn farts, and personal ball washers along with control of every possible controllable entry in Flica, it is a concession from our side according to our committee research, and discussions of such.

Last edited:
What makes your system good is the rules. I've seen it and I like it. If you'd get past your own classless vulgarity and read my post you'd understand that.

You're a perfect example of my point. The company knows both sides are passionate about their systems and are going to test how much we are willing to give up in rules to keep the systems we have.

If we don't get that we'll regret getting exactly what we want.

And what you are not considering is that the ERJ line bidding system is not the CRJ line bidding system of yore.
Jeebus monkey balls, how many times do we have to say it... Yes, we understand completely that Flica was a gain for your side as compared to your line bidding. Yes, we understand that your Flica system had loopholes currently being exploited. Yes, we understand that this JCBA is a tremendous opportunity to improve upon those loopholes. Under similar circumstances, i would have voted for Flica too. Yes, for the love of giant t1ts, we get it!!! BUT EVEN WITH THOSE CHANGES IT IS A STEP BACKWARD FOR US. How hard is that to understand?
Short of the company agreeing to supply fairy dust, unicorn farts, and personal ball washers along with control of every possible controllable entry in Flica, it is a concession from our side according to our committee research, and discussions of such.

Other than all your (NON-SENIORITY BASED!) ILIW and SLIWs and QLIWs and PQ5ILW's and we all drop our weekends and holidays and 12 day off lines for Tue-Thur 3 days with 22 days off blah, blah, blah our old line bidding was freakin EXACTLY what yours is. Company publishes lines, pilots browse through hundreds of them hoping a couple contain the right mixture and bid accordingly! Not rocket science. We had the SAME trip touching for vacation and we has (SENIORITY BASED) swapping with open time. Other than all your ILW's, how is it that much different that we cant compare??? Cant all your ILW's be part of a different bidding method?

Why, if it's such a great system, weren't the jungle jet drivers using it already? Obviously, this awesome, fabulous, omnipotent system has been out there a while. If it's so great you'd be saying something like, "We've been using it for years and it's the "bomb".

Instead, the vocal minority is trying sell this unproven system to people that are happy with what they already have.

Why, if Flightline is such a great system, weren't you using it for more than a year? Obviously, this awesome, fabulous, omnipotent system has been out there a while. If it's so great you'd be saying something like, "We've been using it for years and it's the "bomb".

You are still missing the point. That is that you don't even know if it's the bomb or not. And why not? Because your MEC is derelict. Theyve never intended to look into it seriously and this letter proves it. Have they published ANYTHING...ANYTHING about why smartpref is so horrible? Id like to see it. And of not, why not?

Here's one thing you're not considering, the crj guys had line bidding and went to PBS. If flica PBS was bad they would be looking at the jcba as an opportunity to get line bidding back, hopefully that's what the legacy cal pilots are doing. Just the fact that the crj guys had both, and after comparison want to keep PBS, tells you flica PBS is a good system.

The erj pilots are over-looking the real issue, and that is work rules. What the company is doing is letting us fight over bid systems, and while we're distracted they're hacking away at the rules. It's their usual mo and they're doing it now.

I personally don't care which system we have because the company has been misusing PBS, but our attention needs to be focused on the rules, and that's what will influence my no vote.

From what I've heard from reps the current proposals are big gains for the crj side but will fall short of the erj expectations, so I expect the ta will not pass the first time. But at least we'll know what areas we need to really focus on.

Here is what you are overlooking (not your fault since its your MEC who is keeping you in the blind), how do you know that there isn't something better than flightline? Just how there was something better than your old line bidding. Again, it's because your MEC is not open minded and not being a reasonable partner.

Other than all your (NON-SENIORITY BASED!) ILIW and SLIWs and QLIWs and PQ5ILW's and we all drop our weekends and holidays and 12 day off lines for Tue-Thur 3 days with 22 days off blah, blah, blah our old line bidding was freakin EXACTLY what yours is. Company publishes lines, pilots browse through hundreds of them hoping a couple contain the right mixture and bid accordingly! Not rocket science. We had the SAME trip touching for vacation and we has (SENIORITY BASED) swapping with open time. Other than all your ILW's, how is it that much different that we cant compare??? Cant all your ILW's be part of a different bidding method?

Well, the ILIW with minimum positive coverage in the pool display and 60 hour trading floor, the SLIW (both non seniority based) with bd/wd trades, getting MMG during vacation months and add pay make a VERY HUGE difference. Actually, it makes ALL the difference.

Latest resources

Back