I Don't Know How To Ident!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vector4fun said:
Well, technically, she's right, if you only canceled IFR, she's still supposed to provide Class C service within the 20 mile Outer Area, but you can always decide to terminate all radar service beyond the 5/10 mile rings.

I'd have probably just said "Numerous targets ten to two o'clock, squawk VFR, freq change approved, buenos suerte..."
I think that's what eventually happened. This guy was a great pilot, but he sure like to piss and moan a lot. I honestly think he was happy to have someone to call on the phone so that we wouldn't get back to home base too early.

Break...

Last night I was at work waiting for the last van to come in so that I could lock them all up and head home and while I am authoring the "jesus is my co-pilot" thread, I hear over a rampie's motorola that one of our caravans had a blow out on the runway.

It was a recent hire...maybe 4 or 5 months ago...used to be a whale pilot. I don't know what happened, but I have a theory.

How come when it comes to caravans and tires, it's always the ex-whale pilots and helicopter pilots? I know the caravan tires have a speed limit of 160, but that doesn't mean you have to go there.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
Last night I was at work waiting for the last van to come in so that I could lock them all up and head home and while I am authoring the "jesus is my co-pilot" thread, I hear over a rampie's motorola that one of our caravans had a blow out on the runway.

Ha ha, last Thur we had a box haulin' Baron blow a tire while doing a 180 on the runway about 6:00 pm. Bummer, we were 1 runway for a couple hours I think. Don't know if it just blew or he turned so sharp he rolled the bead. Haste sometimes makes waste...:)

Vector4fun said:
Ha ha, last Thur we had a box haulin' Baron blow a tire while doing a 180 on the runway about 6:00 pm. Bummer, we were 1 runway for a couple hours I think. Don't know if it just blew or he turned so sharp he rolled the bead. Haste sometimes makes waste...:)
I hate when that happens.

Latest resources

Back