• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hypothetical AA/US merger and bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My opinion is they are upping the price. Why give away something for free? DL bought the Pan Am routes even after Robert Crandall of AA threw in his own bid for them, just to raise the price. Not gonna happen IMO. And the above artice was written in January I believe, and not current.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This reminds me of how Doug Parker put 2 billion dollars in good will debt on the Delta/Northwest merger.

There's speculation and then there's facts.

CLT is the weakest O & D hub in the US. RDU & BNA tried and failed. PHX has more domestic O & D than PHL and CLT combined. PHL is a sizeable international gateway but is very close to JFK. PHX & DFW would seem to be geographically redundant. LAX is the second largest air travel market in the US. Draw your own conclusions but "rationalization" is going to come from somewhere.

CLT is the second banking capital in the US. A third parallel runway was added and a train system is being developed. Too much money being thrown at this place. Dunno.

Last edited:
CLT is the second banking capital in the US. A third parallel runway was added and a train system is being developed. Too much money being thrown at this place. Dunno.

Everybody knows headquarters is shipping out of Phoenix, do you need Dallas , Los Angeles and Phoenix.

Everybody knows headquarters is shipping out of Phoenix, do you need Dallas , Los Angeles and Phoenix.

How big is the LAX operation? Any room for expansion at LAX? NOPE. The Eagle's Nest is way down past terminal 8 on the East side. I would think PHX would stay because of the extra room and current routes to almost every major city on the West Coast from there. LAX is more of an O&D destination for business types, PHX is more of a true connection hub.

Bye Bye---General Lee

CLT to have a 4th parallel by 2014 or maybe 2015. Think I read the funding is there, Impact studies to be completed soon.

Latest resources

Back