DCA
PHL
MIA
LAX
NYC
ORD
DFW
STL

How will these bases fair after the merger if it happens? MIA and CLT are close - Could PHL become the next PIT? ORD will grow STL will go? PHX and LAX?

Overall it looks like a decent combination. Its obvious why us air and delta did the slot swap to prepare for this merger.

DFW and/or MIA could go to another carrier to possibly help fund the merger.....

You just never know......

Bye Bye---General Lee

The sounds like a good post for the latest and greatest delta thread on apc where they talk about crap that will never happen. General i do respect most of the stuff you wrote but do you think American is going to give up any Caribbean and latin/south American routes in Mia or more importantly do you think that American would give up Dfw? Where the new headquarters would be? I don't in fact spirit will be bigger in Dfw than delta

Last edited:
Queue some clever comment about Phoenix being nothing but a money wasting sand castle in 3....2....1....

My bet: Philly and Phoenix reduced at best closed at worst. Clt stays as does DFW. The others probably are safe for a few years but I'm betting 6 big hubs DFW, LAX, NYC, DCA CLT and ORD.

The sounds like a good post for the latest and greatest delta thread on apc where they talk about crap that will never happen. General i do respect most of the stuff you wrote but do you think American is going to give up any Caribbean and latin/south American routes in Mia or more importantly do you think that American would give up Dfw? Where the new headquarters would be? I don't in fact spirit will be bigger in Dfw than delta

Sure, unless someone puts a boat load of 717s somewhere, along with MD90s. You just never know.....Just a guess....;)

Spirit has started a build up there, but most routes have one or two flights a day, max. The flight to BOS was an allnighter from DFW, to BOS...?? They are trying, though.

You're right though, AA may not want to give up DFW, but I have heard DFW is looking for a #2, since they were not happy with the results of the AA BK and the toll it took on that airport. We'll see.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back