Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hurricane Wilma directed for S Florida ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gkrangers said:
Oh...and just a few minutes ago...recon reported a pressure of 901MB, or possibly lower, with winds of atleast 150MPH. Winds are likely higher, and could end up exceeding 180MPH in a few hours.

Wilma is tied with Katrina as the 4th strongest storm (as measured by pressure on record)
Yup, they just said it's at 882MB!

gee, glad my ass is flying out of daytona tomorrow for ohio!!!

I got a runway, a house, and a hangar, in AZO. All you folks in FL, welcome. Called a friend in Miami, told him to get his stuff in his 172, head this way. Looks actually nasty, and extremely dangerous.

here ya go. Good place to escape a hurricane in FL

I might be confused a bit (although I do have a degree in meteorology), but I read that it is a low pressure system (actually a combination of a few lows forming a deep trough) that is going to push Wilma towards the east. The storm is predicted to be caught up in the westerly flow (counterclockwise around a low) and start its eastward trend. There is still a chance that it might be steered just south of Florida. Usually when hurricanes turn eastward, they weaken a bit. Hopefully this will hold true.

I have a friend in Key West that is about as fed up with hurricane season as I am in Pensacola.

And on that note, if anyone is evacuating to the north from South Florida, I have an extra room in my condo for anyone looking for a place to crash and avoid the storm (as long as it does not come to the Gulf Coast).

As Fred Flintstone once said...

Wilmaaaaaa!!!

I'm getting the F out of here tomorrow afternoon. No thanks you can have it. Move the pool furniture off the patio and wave goodbye.

Latest resources

Back