Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FutureTEDpilot said:
Hey Animal tail.

I hear ya. But to be honest my class in 99' we had NO EEOC hires all of us had 6000+ with several types. Most of the EEOC gang was hired in the 88-89 time frame, yes I know of a few exceptions but the same applies to AA and DAL as well now. Your best bet is to worry about yourself because we will never control it anyway.

I agree bro,

I just wanted to know what "FlyUnited's" definition of a "real" pilot was. I am for any pilot who can get hired at any hour. I just hate arrogant statements and implications that Regional Pilots are not "REAL". In fact I think Regional Pilots are more REAL, than we are!

Any way, please dont misunderstand my statement. I just hate arrogance and stupidity.

Cya

No Problema Animal man...

I was a "Regional" guy myself, but I [Fly United] is probably just ventimg some fustration at the RJ wonder boys who were all saying that United will be down in flames soon.

I was an IOE Checkairman and was surprised to see some of the bad attitudes around my old airline ACA/Indy, most of the guys where professional but I did run into a few that wanted nothing more than to "gain career advancement" on the backs of furloughed UAL pilots.

Can't we all just get along?

UAL had an operating profit in a quarter when the vast majority of other airlines -- including a few LCC's -- recorded a loss or barely broke even.I have a feeling UAL will rise again and will eventually kick some serious arse in the industry. Call the bankruptcy process what you want, it worked for UAL and will probably work for NWA and Delta as well. Interesting times.

Offical word is 20+ per month and at least 300 in 2006

Unoffical word is 20-50 a month and up to 500 in 2006.

Currently 1900 or so on furlough, 60% bypass rate (most of the Military guys holding out until they get 20years with Uncle Sam)

UAL was 40 crews short last week in the 737-300.

QOL you say?

Ha! Ha!

That is the sad part :{

Looking at 20 on 10 off (LCC TED Operation) and all the 320's and 737's are considered "LCC Operation" I have some other job offers so I am thinking hard about this. I know the reserve guys are flying 85-90 hard hours a month. Not the same United that I was hired at.

FutureTEDpilot said:
QOL you say?

Ha! Ha!

That is the sad part :{

Looking at 20 on 10 off (LCC TED Operation) and all the 320's and 737's are considered "LCC Operation" I have some other job offers so I am thinking hard about this. I know the reserve guys are flying 85-90 hard hours a month. Not the same United that I was hired at.

It's sad that UA and UAL ALPA can't figure out a better way. I'd like to go back to UA due to west coast bases (especially SEA), but sounds like my current job is much better. I'm getting 85-90 hours/month with about 16 days off, seven in a row plus a four day stint over Thanksgiving.

Is there still a 737 base in SEA? Are they still considering an A320 domicile in SEA?

Cheers!

GP....future bypasser

Latest resources

Back