• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Huckabee is a SCAB vote wisely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, but I don't get all worked up about a bunch of guys and gals who can't go to work to write (insert favorite bodily function here) jokes for Leno or Letterman....

Maybe now they'll have to go out and work for a living....

I hope that statement doesn't come back and bite you in the future. There are quite a few people out there who feel the same way about airline employees.

I hope that statement doesn't come back and bite you in the future. There are quite a few people out there who feel the same way about airline employees.
Exactly!!!!

I'd say Air Travel is just slightly more important to the economy than writing jokes for SNL.....

Last edited:
If he was a writer and he decided to go write some stuff for Leno, then he would be a scab. Otherwise, it's just another misuse of the word...

like i've said before, it doesn't matter who we elect, they will all do an equally sh1tty job, but none will match the sh1tty greatness of which our current boy in office has reached.

Agreed, and I think that the latest Airline Pilot's magazine would truly object to the guy who was spewing the anti-democratic stuff. I think that one more GWB term would mean British Airways flying from JFK to FLL.

like i've said before, it doesn't matter who we elect, they will all do an equally sh1tty job, but none will match the sh1tty greatness of which our current boy in office has reached.
Agreed. Both parties pimp off the fears and hopes of the voters. Dems say they're for the working man but try telling that to the person who lost his job to Wong Fu or Juan. Reps have done nothing to stop it as well. But at least I can get my watch at Walmart for $20 and Nikes are down to $35.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I was under the impression that these writers already have a contract, and are striking "mid-contract", trying to change how they get paid for internet TV.

Incorrect. Their contract actually expired months ago. They went for months without a contract, and then finally had enough. They are trying to get paid for not only internet TV, but also for the DVD sales that account for a huge share of the industry revenues nowadays.

Uh oh....looks like the Golden Globes are at risk.......

Maybe Bush should step in and stop this.....

Whatever shall we do without the Golden Globes?!?!?!

Mass panic.....riots.....the whole world will be out of control.......

Sorry, but I don't get all worked up about a bunch of guys and gals who can't go to work to write (insert favorite bodily function here) jokes for Leno or Letterman....

Maybe now they'll have to go out and work for a living....

Remember these comments when the next group of airline pilots start getting close to a strike and the good folks over at Airliners.net start pilot bashing. Let me clue you in; it will sound something like: "I don't feel sorry for them, my neighbor is a 777 captain and he has a 50 foot SeaRay and 2 Mercedes. He only works 9 days a month. I could care less about these greedy pilots. I know how hard flying is, I fly a C172 on weekends". Remember your posts as those who post like what you see daily over at airliners.net feel as strongly as you do about the writers.

IAHERJ

Remember these comments when the next group of airline pilots start getting close to a strike and the good folks over at Airliners.net start pilot bashing. Let me clue you in; it will sound something like: "I don't feel sorry for them, my neighbor is a 777 captain and he has a 50 foot SeaRay and 2 Mercedes. He only works 9 days a month. I could care less about these greedy pilots. I know how hard flying is, I fly a C172 on weekends". Remember your posts as those who post like what you see daily over at airliners.net feel as strongly as you do about the writers.

IAHERJ

Actually I was laid off during the pilot strikes at both NWA and Comair, so I've heard all this before. Supported both pilot groups, even when I was receiving an unemployment check. So don't give me the lecture.

These guys have the right to do what they want, but to compare this to airline employees or other blue collar workers is a bad joke. Just about as bad as the jokes they write for Leno or Letterman.

God forbid the entertainment industry comes to a grinding halt. Egads! Maybe people will have to turn the TV off for a while........oh what will they do?

Latest resources

Back