How's things at Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pipers,

how could you have a good day at work? you make more than your regional counterparts, have better future prospects, and enjoy a mostly positive work environment? you must be crazy!

either that or airtime and the haters can't release their grip on the woodies they have for ALPA long enough to look around and see how it really is.

hmmmmmmmm........

Airtime,
We have been throught this before. We have way better 50 rates than you, Our 70 is a little less. Our mins are higher. Our QOL is higher. You accuse us of stealing your 900s. Do you like flying the recently acquired Comair 70s? I believe most SKW treated you ASA guys fine when you came to SLC, now that our management, not our pilots bought you its scab this and scab that. SKW is cool place to work. Its no fedex but either is any regional.

The reason why we don't like you guys is because your pilots, not management, agreed to a lower pay rate, or one rate in order to get other flying. We here at ASA have not take a pay cut and will not. The reason Comair guys are cool with us is that we won't fly for a lower rate to get planes. You did. We've lost flying to Express Jet out of LAX, but I'm fine with that because they are some of the best paid pilots. Do you see the difference?

Well, I've been told that SkyWest is expecting 32 more aircraft this year. That's 15 more for Midwest, but where are the other 17 going? It hasn't been stated where yet, but it was slipped that the number 32 is very credible.

I'm halfway expecting the ASA transfers to start back in June. There have been no ASA CRJ700 slots awarded, despite attrition. We are also being told the scheduling / staffing crunch at ASA is going to be relieved in that time frame.

32 aircraft. Amazing.

Last edited:
So anyhow, back to the thread.........I just had a good day at work....

and they even ran out of kool-aid in the crew lounge.......

I'm I the only one who misses the little packs of "kool-aid" we used to have around on the aircraft? It must be long lasting. I'm just not that bitter even though I try.

I'm halfway expecting the ASA transfers to start back in June. There have been no ASA CRJ700 slots awarded, despite attrition. We are also being told the scheduling / staffing crunch at ASA is going to be relieved in that time frame.

32 aircraft. Amazing.

Exactly. SkyWest has a base in ATL, and their pilots are triple qualified on the 200/700/900.

You do the math.

The reason why we don't like you guys is because your pilots, not management, agreed to a lower pay rate, or one rate in order to get other flying. We here at ASA have not take a pay cut and will not. The reason Comair guys are cool with us is that we won't fly for a lower rate to get planes. You did. We've lost flying to Express Jet out of LAX, but I'm fine with that because they are some of the best paid pilots. Do you see the difference?

Well said

But I think we have to draw the skywest pukes a picture

They are not playing with too much brain power

If you asked them to chew gum and walk they would have a hard time.

What a bunch of friggen robots

Exactly. SkyWest has a base in ATL, and their pilots are triple qualified on the 200/700/900.

You do the math.

Another perfect description of how the skywest pilot group rolls over and lets their mgmt lower the bar.

Triple qualified HA what a joke.

900 for 50 seat rates

ugly

If you guys are so against alpa then most of us that believe in being unionized expect that you tool sheds will never want to be hired by a union carrier

Am I correct in this statement?

I don't think I am!

I think you are a bunch of hippocrates with no loyalty to anyone except yourself

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back