Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's Everything at Trans States These Days?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
With the demise of my (now former) employer, Avantair, I find myself returning to the ranks of the hard working guys and ladies of the Regionals. Trans States, to be exact. Class starts on the 23rd.

I've been away from the Regionals for around 7 years, and I've been focused on the Fractional business. How's everything been going at Trans States? What's planned for the future? I've researched past threads, but there's really nothing current to read.

Thanks!

With the demise of my (now former) employer, Avantair, I find myself returning to the ranks of the hard working guys and ladies of the Regionals. Trans States, to be exact. Class starts on the 23rd.

I've been away from the Regionals for around 7 years, and I've been focused on the Fractional business. How's everything been going at Trans States? What's planned for the future? I've researched past threads, but there's really nothing current to read.

Thanks!

Aft,

Don't expect to hear a lot of positives about Trans States or any other regional. This is the bit&*ing board...

Just keep your expectations low and hope for "objective" comments.

Thanks!

I hope you got a fast-track upgrade out of Trans Sates. The CEO Hulas is not well liked and he is always hyper-sensitive to cost. Not the most admired regional but maybe attrition will accelerate your upgrade. If you stick around long enough maybe you could fly this:

http://atwonline.com/operations/trans-states-firms-mrj-airframe-engine-orders

Again, hope you get a fast upgrade.

Thanks guys. Good start. One specific question I have is the pay scale. I took a look at the scale that's posted on the "other" forum, but I'm not sure that's accurate. I was of the understanding that a new contract was voted in. Anyone have details on that?

Thanks!

My sympathies. It's like getting released from prison and then finding out that there was a glitch in paperwork, and back you go.

Thanks!

Trans States in presently in a transformation. The company hired a DO from Comair and he is slowly trying to change the culture here. In the last three months he has replaced the Training Manager and the System Chief Pilot. He replaced them with a Comair guy and the Chief Pilot from Dulles who everyone here likes and respects. The new CP in Dulles is another Comair guy and he is a good guy.

That being said I wouldn't completely discount the feelings of those that have worked here previously, but keep in mind you will be working for different people that have a different management approach than in the past. I was in the Jan class and have enjoyed my time here so far.

We'll see how the culture change goes, but its looking good so far....:D

Thanks, everybody! Lookin' forward to getting back in the air. Sounds promising :beer:

Thanks!

Why not go to Mesa ? They have 30+ airframes on the way.

Latest resources

Back