Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How will the skycar affect transportation as we know it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crxpilot

Waaasssuuuupppppp!!!!!
Skycar MX400 Check out the videos!

http://www.moller.com/

Exciting times to be living in. It will be great to see this type of vehicle hit mass market some day. It will be like living in the Jetsons "era".

Yep I can't wait to see the cell-phone yakkin latte sippin' clowns I encounter on the road in the air. :rolleyes: Arent the standards set by the FAA to fly an aircraft too low already?

Well I know what you are getting at. But this thing is designed with multiple computers and such so that its basically you plug in the place you want to go to and it does the rest. The rider is there to moniter the controls.

Umm.....why is there a crane over the hover car? Is the thing really flying? Why are the engines tilted around 40 degrees yet its not moving forward? Why does it swing forward and back? Is it because it is attached to the crane?

Hmmmmmm! Look closer!

crxpilot said:
...basically you plug in the place you want to go to and it does the rest. The rider is there to moniter the controls.

I can't put my finger on it, but why does this sound familiar? :erm:

If you read the website, you will note the crane is there to protect their only current prototype. The cable is loose, it is not carrying the skycar. I know its hard to believe, but its quite a remarkable feat what the man has invented. It doesnt even use fossil fuels.

This thing has been around for a long time now and hasn't yet managed to affect anything.

As somebody else alluded to: Yep, with 30,000 plus deaths every year in automobile accidents, our society sure is ready for aerial travel for the masses. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back